Doug904

Sponsor
Reaction score
City, State
Jasper, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Roush GT
Hey guys,

I almost forgot I even done this last year. I got one of these things for nearly nothing off Ebay and took the wife's 4.0 OHV 1995 Explorer to the dyno for comparison. One major thing, it didn't pickup ANY milage at all. As for the dyno runs, mind you this too was before I got into the tuning business, they show maybe a 1hp increase, this means nothing. I can run a vehicle back to back and see upto a 3-5hp difference just between runs. In short the Tornado did NOTHING for the money....

(dead links)

I thought I would post this on the other thread about the Tornado but I think this really deserves it's own post.

Thanks, Doug.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool, nice to see some hard evidence against the infamous Tornado.

Wanted to bump this to the top since it seems like EF been getting alot of questions about it.

Sticky material!

Sticky for sure! I was at Autozone yesterday and there was a display in the middle of the store, stocked with Tornados! I was talking to one of the employees about it and he feels the same way about the Tornado as we feel about TB spacers :D

i saw the same thing too but i didn't talk to any one about it though but i know it was fool on both sides

AHA! proof that it is garbage! The dyno tests we have always needed!!!!!!

I'm going to stick it.:D

Crankcase said:
AHA! proof that it is garbage! The dyno tests we have always needed!!!!!!

I'm going to stick it.:D

Now someone needs to do the same for throttle body spacers, and we can put that one to bed once and for all. ;)

celly said:
Now someone needs to do the same for throttle body spacers, and we can put that one to bed once and for all. ;)

If someone has one for either a OHV or SOHC that they'd be willing to let me borrow I would do that as well. I'm not gonna buy one, hahha.

Thanks, Doug.

sooo, all we need to do is come out with a lam product that doesn't work, market it correctly and rake in all the $$$$$???
Isn't America great?

Better yet, put it on a infomercial LOL

wpurple said:
sooo, all we need to do is come out with a lam product that doesn't work, market it correctly and rake in all the $$$$$???
Isn't America great?

Better yet, put it on a infomercial LOL
HAHA I almost bought one...It sounded good!

Anyone got an idea for a product that won't work but sounds like it should? LETS GET RICH!

THANK YOU!!! I am glad this has finally been proven to be a waste of $$$. Too bad people are still going to buy them :rolleyes:

bmxking5 said:
THANK YOU!!! I am glad this has finally been proven to be a waste of $$$. Too bad people are still going to buy them :rolleyes:

So so true :rolleyes:

What about all the satisfied customers tho? I'm sure these types of MODs varry depending on the application, maybe they just don't benefit the xplorer much?

Where's their proof that they're satisfied? That the customers haven't come in to the offices demanding their $65 back or someone dies? Do you really believe everything that you read on the internet?

r37ribution said:
What about all the satisfied customers tho? I'm sure these types of MODs varry depending on the application, maybe they just don't benefit the xplorer much?
ummm, it was just proven in a dyno run to not work

Because when people buy something that's supposed to enhance performance, they're expecting it. Even if there's nothing there they notice a gain. It's all in the head. It's not until they remove this mod that they see it was a waste of money, since the performance is the same.

Don't listen to dyno results. They mean nothing in the real world :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rfuree11 said:
ummm, it was just proven in a dyno run to not work
ummm, I'd like to reiterate...
r37ribution said:
...maybe they just don't benefit the xplorer much?
We have only dynoed OUR cars. It's possible it may have difference results on other cars. I can't help but remember in the infomercial how frequently they noted: "Results will varry" to cover their butts. I have always thought these things were junk and I'm just glad I didn't buy one.

Back