Tornado Air System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tornado Air System

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Garbage.

Try the search feature to see what people in the message archives have been saying.

yeah, you'll be in for a good laugh.
Some of the posts on the tornado are quite funny

:nono: NO :nono:

Seriously..(?) You get more 'gas power' from an RC cola an' a bag of peanuts! Get a couple bottles of seafoam instead.

i agree it does nothing, it might even reduce air flow, its a waste of space

Whatever guys. They do work. Check out my eBay auctions with resistor chips, tornadoes and electric superchargers. You guys really need to get the facts straight.

My friends dad just bought one for his 2004 explorer v8. After he put it in, we teased him that he wasted $65 (of course he did not believe us). He went for a test drive to see his new found "power", while we waited for him to return so we could tease him more. When he returned, we asked him if he could beat vettes with all the new power. He told us to stfu as he opened the hood and tossed it in the box and took it back to the store. He came back with a few cases of beer, which we all felt was a better way to spend $65.

ChopinOn22s said:
Whatever guys. They do work. Check out my eBay auctions with resistor chips, tornadoes and electric superchargers. You guys really need to get the facts straight.
See what I mean ?

Funny posts :D

If you just use your head and think about it there is no way a restriction is going to give you better MPG or more power.

So it swirls the air... :rolleyes: Now how much of that swirling is going to be present after in enters the intake manifold changes direction and splits up into the intake runners? NONE! Holy crap folks. I dont know what else to say here.

its garbage... put that money towards an good exhuast or a k&n filter

Bull@#%#, I put one in my 1992 F150 and it did absolutely nothing!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124732

Don't know if the link works by cutting/pasting, but a gentleman ran a '95 Explorer on a dyno, and the Tornado test had a 1 HP difference. Controlled dyno tests get a 3-5 HP difference at any rate, so it's safe to say the Tornado does nothing good. I don't think it's detrimental, but for sure not worth the effort or cost.

Back