TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 33 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Building up my 01 5.0 mount. R there still some available? Does it matter if it is 2 or AWD? r these long tube headers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're shorty header style. You have to call to see if they still make them but as SLOW as they are may take a year to get them.

Bought a set.... Should install maybe jan/February time frame. I'll be posting up the install when it happens.

MuscleJunkie, did you get those OBX headers installed yet??? If so please give us an update. Thanks. David.

MuscleJunkie, did you get those OBX headers installed yet??? If so please give us an update. Thanks. David.

Not yet. The powerdyne is due to arrive this week along with a set of ford motor sports Headers which I'm going to compare to the OBX. Everything will go on at the same time. My initial guess is I will probably stay with the OBX.

I FINALLY GOT THEM, BACK and they do fit. Expect they didn't ship the gasket back for left side front pipe to header. I end up using walker gasket 56313 that has metal ring around center still had to mod bolt holes. Then went to work was working on cummins ISL CM2250 engine in stinking garbage truck. Found EGR cross pipe the 2 gaskets on either end are perfect right 1 1/2 measure for center and bolts holes are very close. Made out of Graphite. Most of Cummins ISC or ISL that use EGR use same gasket. I had part number but lost it

The OBX headers look like great alternative to the Torque Monsters. Although looking at pictures of them, the driver's side tubes look like they go up rather high maybe causing interference with brake master cylinder and booster. ?? Anybody have actual experience with these?
Thanks David.
Yes the OBX headers do contact the booster. They suck

I heard from Bob at Torque Monster and he says he is producing them again but he has backorders for 100 pairs already. So it will be 6 months plus before he catches up I bet.

I heard from Bob at Torque Monster and he says he is producing them again but he has backorders for 100 pairs already. So it will be 6 months plus before he catches up I bet.
Mmhm.

I'll believe it when I see it

What do you mean you herd from him ? I doubt he just called your phone.I also would like to know how those 100 orders came in.His purchasing has been disabled for some time now on his site.The only option would be to call him.I would think more people on here would be posting about the orders they placed if they even did.

Huh, so he called you to tell you this? 100 pairs on back order, and not a peep on this board from a single person? Considering about the only people that know about them are from this board, avg joe schmoe owner out there would have no clue who TM is.

I reached out to him in the hopes that he had a set available. He responded with what I posted earlier however I had been trying to reach him for a while.

Everybody here has probably heard about Torque Monster headers for '97-'01 5.0 Explorers and Mounties. If you own one of these trucks you know that Ford totally dropped the ball with their own super restrictive OEM design. The Torque Monsters really wake up the 5.0. Great torque, better acceleration, better sound and better MPGs...plus they look awesome. The only problem, they're not cheap.
-For earlier model trucks '96-'97 1/2 (build date until 12/96) with internal EGR systems, the current price is $689.00 + $45.00 s/h.
-For '97 1/2-2001 (from build date 01/97 on) with external EGR, the current price is $789.00 + $45.00 s/h.

BUT I've been in contact with Al's Headers, the company that produces the Torque Monsters, and Al has agreed to give us a better deal if we were to place a GROUP ORDER. The amount of the discount will depend on the number of members who are interested. Once I have an idea of a number, I will be able to give you an amount.
I am thinking that for the next month we take names, determine who's serious, and then place an order at the beginning of February. Then we'll give Al the time to produce the headers, and come spring we're ready to install.

So, if you're interested in getting on the list for a set of Torque Monsters and saving a few bucks, let me know. Also include whether your truck is a pre 01/97 build date or later. Feel free to PM me also.

*If you're interested please PM me your first and last name, phone number, email address and the build date of your truck. If it's after '97 just the year will do. And by giving me your info doesn't mean that you're commited, but I do need it.

Back