TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

First off, Turdle and FIND, thank you for setting certain people straight on here. As you stated, whining and trying to get everybody riled up doesn't help any of us. From the get go, we've all known that dealing with Al's can be a bit of a slow process, but we also know that everybody WILL get their headers, and a damn nice set at that. When I first started this whole thing I made it pretty clear that we were looking at spring delivery. Well, spring was two days ago so I'd say that we're right on schedule...the orders are going out. Mrhobby100 was at their shop and as he said, they're as busy as hell down there. I know that I didn't expect them to drop every other project that they were working on just because "the Explorer Forum guys" need their headers. Relax guys. You will hear from them and you will receive your order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Skurz, do you think you could make sure they know I'm back in? I'm gonna send an e-mail again on Monday and see if they remember. I got the money all saved back up and ready to go, I just want them to take it, haha. And if they're ready to go, I'll actually be able to get them on before the body since Superlift is still[/] working on making my knuckles.

As to the price. It's all been stated on here already but it's way back at the beginning, so I'll post it again...

1996-1997 1/2 (build date until 12/96 with internal EGR)
Original Price $689.00 before discount
Our discount $80.00 ($100.00 if we reach 30 order quota) I believe we have.
Total for us $609.00 (possibly $589.00) + shipping

1997 1/2-2001 (from build date 01/97-2001 with external EGR)
Original price $789.00 before discount.
Our discount $80.00 ($100.00 if we reach 30 order quota) I believe we have
Total for us $709.00 (possibly $689.00) + shipping

If you want to place an order PM me your first and last name, phone number, email address and the build date of your truck (so I can keep track of how many orders we've placed and who's placed them). Then call Al's Headers at (714)-630-1833 or email them at alsheaders@att.net. Be sure to let them know that you're part of this forum and that you want our discount.
PLEASE GUYS, PM me once your order has officially been placed. A lot of guys haven't, and that's why I can't confirm if we've reached the 30 order quota or not. It's Al that told me that he's pretty sure that we had, but he's going to check. I'd definitely like to know for myself.

Thanks.
SKURZ aka Terry

Will do, Obie. Thanks buddy.

well he has half my money and i expressed my concern for getting these asap in the beginning and i have not harassed them once since then. but i did not get an email today about anything shipping out so i hope i get one of the first ones... someone mentioned he does full exhaust too..
..so is there any interest in a group buy on full exhaust from the header back? maybe someone close by can leave a vehicle for testing or whatever?
that way those with headers will have pretty much the best possible exhaust system from start to finish? or perhaps he went though to much of us complaining that he would have no interest in that..thought a thought...

I had talked to SKURZ about this exact idea since I live right down the street if there was anything that the group wanted to do I would leave my truck for a sample as long as Al compensates me accordingly(free parts/ lol). I was told by another member in my "egr pipe help" thread that some of the later runs were coming with custom made egr pipes for us 97 and up guys but I thought I found in a google search somewhere that those were made by the original seller BOB. SKURZ will look into making sure we can get the pipe included in our kit and I am willing to drop off my truck for testing and fitment if it is needed. If there is enough of you guys that want some type of custom exhaust system made I will talk to Al about it once we get this header thing all straightened out I don't wanna confuse the guy. But I wanna let you guys know that if you want some type of custom setup from the headers back it will have to include the cats at least the first cats because his business runs out of California he could get in some legal issues if he makes a setup that removes all the cats.

And to the guy on here *****ing about me getting a grand tour and on and on and whatever you are ranting about. My wife was in the explorer chillin I was only in his shop for no more than 10 minutes. You married guys know what happens when you go to a car shop and leave your wife in the car to long ( she turns into bruce lee and will juto chop the **** out of you) I was just trying to help out by going down there and expressing everybodies concerns to him face to face and see if he was actually making headers and I didn't say he had tubes ready to be welded to flanges I said "he has tubes already welded to the flanges just waiting for powdercoating" and that is 25 units.

I think that I actually may have helped because 24 hours after I showed up at the shop a few people have been notified that their stuff is being shipped.
I was just trying to help dude.

Should I be concerned that I didn't get an email?

Should I be concerned that I didn't get an email?

Dude just let them work through it, they've got a lot of orders and if they got your payment then you will get your order. Give it some time

I had talked to SKURZ about this exact idea since I live right down the street if there was anything that the group wanted to do I would leave my truck for a sample as long as Al compensates me accordingly(free parts/ lol). I was told by another member in my "egr pipe help" thread that some of the later runs were coming with custom made egr pipes for us 97 and up guys but I thought I found in a google search somewhere that those were made by the original seller BOB. SKURZ will look into making sure we can get the pipe included in our kit and I am willing to drop off my truck for testing and fitment if it is needed. If there is enough of you guys that want some type of custom exhaust system made I will talk to Al about it once we get this header thing all straightened out I don't wanna confuse the guy. But I wanna let you guys know that if you want some type of custom setup from the headers back it will have to include the cats at least the first cats because his business runs out of California he could get in some legal issues if he makes a setup that removes all the cats.

And to the guy on here *****ing about me getting a grand tour and on and on and whatever you are ranting about. My wife was in the explorer chillin I was only in his shop for no more than 10 minutes. You married guys know what happens when you go to a car shop and leave your wife in the car to long ( she turns into bruce lee and will juto chop the **** out of you) I was just trying to help out by going down there and expressing everybodies concerns to him face to face and see if he was actually making headers and I didn't say he had tubes ready to be welded to flanges I said "he has tubes already welded to the flanges just waiting for powdercoating" and that is 25 units.

I think that I actually may have helped because 24 hours after I showed up at the shop a few people have been notified that their stuff is being shipped.
I was just trying to help dude.

Hmm can't imagine many people wanting cats but I would definitely settle for the front cats to keep him out of trouble.. Then we can get programmers, intakes, cams the list goes on!!! Power of the group buy!!

Hmm can't imagine many people wanting cats but I would definitely settle for the front cats to keep him out of trouble.. Then we can get programmers, intakes, cams the list goes on!!! Power of the group buy!!

Dude I am down. Dun dada Dun it's Group Buy to the rescue leaping over high priced performance parts in a single discount. hahahaha.

But seriously I think we should continue the group buy onto the next performance part. Its all **** we are gonna buy anyways why not join together and help each other get discounts.

Dude I am down. Dun dada Dun it's Group Buy to the rescue leaping over high priced performance parts in a single discount. hahahaha.

But seriously I think we should continue the group buy onto the next performance part. Its all **** we are gonna buy anyways why not join together and help each other get discounts.

okay good sounds like there is a little interest then..

did headers ship out today to anyone? i know one guy had mentioned that he was getting his shipped out today..

I spoke with Erica on Monday and she stated they were making an adjustment to the EGR tubes that go with some of the sets ordered, but was expecting to ship on Friday. Soon as I hear from her that they are on the way I will post.

I suppose I should start leaving messages as well. Dunno if it is too late considering it is a month past due, but we will see..

SKURZ, I just sent my request in!!! I'm dying to see how they work out on my clean 97 (200,000+ mile) X

Spoke with Erica about a half hour ago. Stated that they are really behind and are working through the weekend to get the first group of orders shipped out. New target date for shipping is next Tuesday. I'll let you know how that goes.
:)

-VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE-

This is for everybody who hasn't been able to get in touch with Al's to place their order, or hasn't heard back from them to confirm their order.
Erica called me yesterday and wants all of these people to get in touch with her. She gave me her PERSONAL phone number and email address and wants you to CONTACT HER DIRECTLY. If you contact her by phone, she prefers that you TEXT HER instead of calling since it is her personal number. I was reminded that posting her personal info up here for the world to see probably isn't the best idea, so 'pm' me and I'll be happy to give it to you.

She says that she has her phone with her always and will definitely respond to you very quickly. This way she doesn't have to sort our messages out from all of the others that they get at work, and can be sure that everybody gets their order placed...guaranteed. This all stemmed from the time she missed due to her pregnancy and she just wants to be sure that nobody gets missed. She also apologizes for any headaches her time off may have caused us. (She's pretty sure she's carrying the spawn of Satan by the way.)
And don't worry if you haven't 'officially' placed your order yet. It doesn't mean that you're going to have to wait forever for your headers to be made. Al's been busy and is supposed to have enough for everybody, so they should ship fairly quickly.

***And last but not least...THIS GROUP BUY OFFICIALLY COMES TO AN END AS OF APRIL 30th, 2013. As of May 1st you'll have to pay the regular price, so put your tax returns to good use and get your orders in before then.

I should also mention that all of these headers come with everything that you'll need to get the job done, including new gaskets and bolts, new EGR tube for later models, and an instructional DVD.

are the gaskets good? and are you sure you want her number posted out here? i wouldnt want my personal number out on the web for ANYONE to see.. maybe thats just me and im being paranoid though..

That crossed my mind too, but she's the one who told me to post her number up here. You're right though, maybe I should edit my post and get the guys who need it to 'pm' me for it instead.
As to the gaskets, I don't know what brand they use, but for the price and quality of the headers I imagine they wouldn't skimp on them. I'll ask Erica.

Got my order in yesterday as a matter of fact.

As much as you don't like I AM apart of this group buy, and as much as you don't like my comments, albeit they are as 'know-it-all' and annoying as the comments you make, you'll have to live with it FIND.

Now, please continue what you were doing, which was stirring up a coalition to ban me...

There is an IGNORE feature on this site. If your done policing every post on this forum, I suggest you use it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got my order in yesterday as a matter of fact.

As much as you don't like I AM apart of this group buy, and as much as you don't like my comments, albeit they are as 'know-it-all' and annoying as the comments you make, you'll have to live with it FIND.

Now, please continue what you were doing, which was stirring up a coalition to ban me...

There is an IGNORE feature on this site. If your done policing every post on this forum, I suggest you use it.

What happened to all those dozens of posts where you insisted that this was a scam and insisted they would never get your money because they can't run a business right? Don't you think you owe them and everyone in this thread an apology at least then?

Back