TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I would love a set of these but can't really afford them right now

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Swervedriver, texting did not occur to me. I will give that a shot later today.

Texting Erica on her PERSONAL phone to place your order is the only way to go. I'm not going to give that number out in the thread, but to anybody who still hasn't placed an order and wants in, PM me and I'll give it to you. I'd mentioned this earlier but it's a few pages back now. Sorry if some of you missed it.

Erica took my deposit yesterday and said it should be about 4 weeks to have them done. She put part of the delay on the place that does the ceramic coating.

JCase, is your real name Tina? Cause you sure do sound a lot like my ex-girlfriend. She never stopped her *****ing either.

I've been following this hilarious thread since the beginning just for giggles. It seems some of these people have never ordered non-mass produced parts before, especially custom. I've waited over two months for seemingly common parts from places like Summit. Some of these folks would lose their mind trying to restore a rare antique. Gonna bow out now but will continue to watch for entertainment. It's cracking me up.

I've been following this hilarious thread since the beginning just for giggles. It seems some of these people have never ordered non-mass produced parts before, especially custom. I've waited over two months for seemingly common parts from places like Summit. Some of these folks would lose their mind trying to restore a rare antique. Gonna bow out now but will continue to watch for entertainment. It's cracking me up.

I'm trying to restore a Mercedes for a friend right now. Damn near every part, for every Mercedes ever made, is still in production, because that is just the kind of company Mercedes is... But it still takes me a long time to get some of those more obscure little doodads. Took me 2 months just to get an accumulator, and that is a fairly common part. Several years ago, I was fixing a 48 Jaguar my old boss had brought back with him from Australia back in the 80s. Right hand drive and everything. Whitworth bolts :(. We made EVERYTHING that we could because of how long of a wait we had on some of those parts coming from overseas. When you watch a guy hand carve and stain 5 copies of the same little piece of trim, just because he wants to make damn sure it matches the factory piece that it has to replace... You learn patience in a hurry.

Skurz-if you see this message will you PM me Erica's private number please?

I just texted and E-mailed Erica, I'm in but I still need to place my deposit with her. I hope she will call me soon to do that. I think I will also call there and leave a message so that all of the bases are covered. Hmmm, where is that phone number........... Ahh there it is:

Al's headers (714) 630-1833

Message left on their generic voicemail. You would think that they would have a "custom" greeting saying "this is Al's headers" or something.

Oh well, let the waiting start!

******LAST CHANCE******
Just reminding everybody that there's only a day left to get your orders in for the Torque Monsters. Not sure if they'll extend the deadline or not so don't risk missing out. The best, and probabaly the only way to place your order is by texting Erica directly on her presonal number. PM me and I'll pass it on to you.

i texted her this morning.. no reply yet 12 hours later...

Then text her again. You'll hear from her. She has a life too.

Then text her again. You'll hear from her. She has a life too.

i dont want to be an a hole.. she has a life too i know but she also should have work to tend to as well. i dont want to be annoying and keep calling and texting her 24/7

I had not received a reply back so I sent here another text requesting confirmation that I am in on the group buy. She replied back in a minute asking for my address. I am going to assume that means that I am in. For those of you that have recently placed your orders by text :) how have they approached you about placing your deposit? I have not placed a deposit yet so I was just wondering.

Nevermind, she just texted back saying she will call me tomorrow to "finish up the order" and don't worry I am in on the group buy deal.

Glad to hear that. From all the contact I've had with Erica since this whole thing first started she really seems to be on the ball. It was her idea for us to get in touch with her directly on her own number when things got behind, and I think that was pretty cool of her. If she was the one running the show down at Al's I think that things would be a lot more organized there.

According to a text from Erica on Wednesday, she was shipping my headers out to me today. I'll keep you posted.

According to a text from Erica on Wednesday, she was shipping my headers out to me today. I'll keep you posted.

yeah we have heard that one before lol... have you only payed half still? or full?

I got a series of text Q&A from Erica about my application. Then she said she was going to call me for the CC charge. I didn't hear back from her but as long as I am on the list that is all I care about.

Will keep you all posted.

$80.00 off per set/per member. BUT if we actually come through and place 30 orders, Al will bump that up to $100.00 off per set.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just talked to Erica and she took my down payment. She said that she estimates delivery in about 4 weeks. I told her that I am fine with being at the end of the line, let the others that are supper inpatient get theirs first.

My total was $755.00 + TAX (I live in California). She said the normal price for mine is $834.00 plus TAX. That is $79.00 off? I asked her if we made the 30 piece price break and her response led me to believe that she was not aware that there was a different price break if we got our group order up to 30 pieces. Skurz, you may want to get in touch with her and see what's up with that.

BTW, she also mentioned that she is in the process of calling back anyone who had previously contacted her about these headers. If they said they were interested before the 4/30 deadline and she can contact them (or you can contact here) then you will still be in on the group buy.

Back