TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Yeah I don't really think its the coater either. But what else doesn't make much sense is out of all the people on here only one person got their headers. Has anybody thought to try and get ahold of Bob and let him know what is going on. I don't think he would be happy to hear that his products name is being dragged down.

I am almost 30 so I couldn't really be a shop boy but if he wants someone to go in and help ship you guys your **** I am down. But with as much as he seems to be struggling I doubt he wants to try and make any deals involving free stuff. Plus do I really want to get that involved and then have Al try and make me the scape goat and then start to blame me for any other delays that happen I don't know if free headers would be worth the trouble. I will go talk to him though and throw out the idea that if he doesn't have enough employee's that I will come in and ship the headers.

What I want to know is where the god damn hell all those headers are that I saw when I stopped by there last time. There had to have been 30 freaking sets there uncoated. I don't think he has financial issues trying to complete more than one at a time since he has more material on his walls then he would need to make a hundred sets of headers. He has himself a well established business that has been there for years and everytime I go by there he is working feverishly (well his employees not hm) but I just think he is more used to doing all the local stuff he has going on and might not have a plan setup for a large mail order run like this. What he needed to do was have one of his employees be dedicated to just large orders. Even if just one guy was building our stuff and shipping them in groups of like 10 or something I think we would all have headers already and he would have cash in the bank.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I don't really think its the coater either. But what else doesn't make much sense is out of all the people on here only one person got their headers. Has anybody thought to try and get ahold of Bob and let him know what is going on. I don't think he would be happy to hear that his products name is being dragged down.

I am almost 30 so I couldn't really be a shop boy but if he wants someone to go in and help ship you guys your **** I am down. But with as much as he seems to be struggling I doubt he wants to try and make any deals involving free stuff. Plus do I really want to get that involved and then have Al try and make me the scape goat and then start to blame me for any other delays that happen I don't know if free headers would be worth the trouble. I will go talk to him though and throw out the idea that if he doesn't have enough employee's that I will come in and ship the headers.

What I want to know is where the god damn hell all those headers are that I saw when I stopped by there last time. There had to have been 30 freaking sets there uncoated. I don't think he has financial issues trying to complete more than one at a time since he has more material on his walls then he would need to make a hundred sets of headers. He has himself a well established business that has been there for years and everytime I go by there he is working feverishly (well his employees not hm) but I just think he is more used to doing all the local stuff he has going on and might not have a plan setup for a large mail order run like this. What he needed to do was have one of his employees be dedicated to just large orders. Even if just one guy was building our stuff and shipping them in groups of like 10 or something I think we would all have headers already and he would have cash in the bank.

working in receiving myself part time as i go to college i would say i would go help but i am half way across county lol but that said it is very easy to ship boxes.. i work in a warehouse by myself and do everything and ship 20 plus boxes a day... takes me an hour tops...
its as easy as taping up the box type on the computer the shipping location, print out the label and stick it on the box, have fed ex or ups pick up when done.

I haven't been on here for a week or two and I really can't believe what I'm reading as I get caught up. I was figuring that all was well and that the headers were on their way, but apparently not. This BS with Al's is out of hand and I'm really fed up of all their lame excuses. I have no doubt that everybody's going to get their headers...eventually, but I just wish they'd be straight up with us. They seriously need a lesson in customer service and business management. I've dealt with a lot of speed shops and have done my share of waiting, but this is rediculous. And the deal WAS an extra $20.00 off if we hit 30 orders and Al knows it, so I don't care what Erica says. That was the deal and I will vividly remind them of it. Another thing is bugging me too. Erica told me that Bob recently dropped off a few extra sets that he still had lying around. Where the hell are they and why don't they ship them at least?
I have absolutely no affiliation with Al's whatsoever, but I really want to apologize to everybody for how damn screwed up this got. I just figured that it made sense for all of us to get together and save a few bucks. It was SUPPOSED to be real simple, but so much for that. All I can say is that Al's Headers will never reach the level of Flowmaster, Bassani, Borla or any of the other big boys if they don't get their s%#t together.
The worst part of all this for me personally...I wasn't in a rush and figured I'd wait until the end to place my order, and let the guys who were in a rush, go first. Well, the wife unexpectedly lost her job a couple of weeks ago so suddenly we're down to one paycheck. After all of this, I can't even get a set for myself. Brutal!

its getting out of hand fast and not that im giving up hope yet but im starting to think fraud... im about ready to call the dang cops! jesus they need to pull their heads out...

Hey, once this fiasco is done, who ready to head up the Explorer Express Sway Bar group buy?

:D

count me out.. ill be looking to do rest of exhaust, cam, tuner, bw 4406 swap, maybe intake, then paint the trim, then headlights.. not to mention whatever else brakes on it..

count me out.. ill be looking to do rest of exhaust, cam, tuner, bw 4406 swap, maybe intake, then paint the trim, then headlights.. not to mention whatever else brakes on it..

yeah count me out on the sway bars for now. Don't even have a front one any more (that's where the Baja bumper will mount to) and the back one works just fine for now. But if you guys do a group buy on any more performance parts let me know I will def be down for discounts on more horsepower.

(I know this sounds lame but I still don't have the mac intake anybody interested on a small group buy for the intake.ha ha I am probably the only loner who doesn't have the intake yet.) or how about a group buy on the accufab throttle body then we can have someone reweld the throttle ball on all of them at the same time to save money.

yeah count me out on the sway bars for now. Don't even have a front one any more (that's where the Baja bumper will mount to) and the back one works just fine for now. But if you guys do a group buy on any more performance parts let me know I will def be down for discounts on more horsepower.

(I know this sounds lame but I still don't have the mac intake anybody interested on a small group buy for the intake.ha ha I am probably the only loner who doesn't have the intake yet.) or how about a group buy on the accufab throttle body then we can have someone reweld the throttle ball on all of them at the same time to save money.

i dont have any intake either... i would be down for getting something decent that actually works and flows more air and isnt going to get crap in my engine... i am always down for more hp and especially ones that dont require that much work as i am nothing more than a hobby mechanic with basic tools and a driveway

Hmmm that's interesting I wonder how many other people don't have the mac intake. Maybe explorer express or Henson would be willing to give us a group buy deal. They both have the intake in stock ready to ship so no crazy nonsense. I called them about 3 weeks ago. Should we put up a thread to poll everybody and see who would be interested.

I think we should hold off on any other group buy's until everyone gets their headers lol, when ever that may be..

if you notice I said "should" we poll everybody usually you put up a thread to poll people and leave it up for a while. I was just asking cause if there was only like 2 other people then I was just gonna go ahead and look into buying them myself but if there was at least a small group interested I would hold off until this group buy has finished.

I also don't think that this group buy should stop others from happening because if this takes another 2 or 3 months before the last person on the list which is me to get their headers its not to fair to toher people. There may be some people out there that didn't want in on the header group buy but may want to join on something else.

if you notice I said "should" we poll everybody usually you put up a thread to poll people and leave it up for a while. I was just asking cause if there was only like 2 other people then I was just gonna go ahead and look into buying them myself but if there was at least a small group interested I would hold off until this group buy has finished.

I also don't think that this group buy should stop others from happening because if this takes another 2 or 3 months before the last person on the list which is me to get their headers its not to fair to toher people. There may be some people out there that didn't want in on the header group buy but may want to join on something else.

Yeah your right lol, I'm just upset that its taking this long for these headers to get to us.

Yeah I am not to concerned about the headers I learned a long time ago once things are basically out of your hands to just take a step back and relax. As long as Al is in his shop when I stop by randomly then I am cool. So I am gonna put those headers out of my mind and then if I don't get a call from Erica in about 60 days I will be over at there shop every damn day until they have my **** ready. I will get crazy but only when it is fully necessary.

I have an addiction to performance parts and I am jones'n and this header dilemma isn't gonna make me detox I am gonna move on to the next part and when Erica calls me to say my headers are ready I will be that much more excited.

I know most of you wont be interested but next month I am having custom uniball upper control arm's made by btf-fabrication (already put half deposit on them). If anybody wants to get a set I know I can talk the guy down in price. and he has some really decent prices for upper's. All the parts he makes for me are usually done 2-3 days earlier than when he tells me they will be ready.

$575- upper control arms with poly bushings and custom pin for stock spindle
$800- upper control arms with heims for a more precise alignment w/custom pin

oh boy. went to grease my ball joint and my 2 uppers have no more grease fittings and the ball joint on the passenger side looks like the grease fitting somehow ripped out cause there is a whole on top of my ball joint cup the size of my freaking thumb. All this has to break right after I order parts to eliminate this very problem.

Is it me or do our X's have a mind of their own. Cause they like to break stuff you are planning or talking about replacing just before you do.

oh boy. went to grease my ball joint and my 2 uppers have no more grease fittings and the ball joint on the passenger side looks like the grease fitting somehow ripped out cause there is a whole on top of my ball joint cup the size of my freaking thumb. All this has to break right after I order parts to eliminate this very problem.

Is it me or do our X's have a mind of their own. Cause they like to break stuff you are planning or talking about replacing just before you do.

Story of my life

yeah I figured it out. I only talk about things that I want to change on the X while sitting on my bicycle. Hopefully my bike doesn't tell the explorer what's going on. haha

Just found my driver's side lower in the same condition. Zerk just broke off leaving the bottom portion threaded in. As much nasty crap as I've been diggin through this spring (extended winter), I just said to hell with it and picked up a replacement ball joint, just so I don't have to deal with it later.

I can't for the life of me figure out what could have gotten in there to break the damn thing though. That's the part that really bothers me.

Something a little closer to the original post.. Decided to make a call to Al's today and was rewarded with a pickup. Think it may have been Al on the phone. Stated that Erica is sick and not at work right now. Inquired on my order and was told that they are shipping headers on Thursday and Friday of this week. That's all I have, just thought I would share.

Hmmmm, a header shop shipping headers is not all that unusual. I wonder if they are any of the Explorer headers for this group buy though ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Something a little closer to the original post.. Decided to make a call to Al's today and was rewarded with a pickup. Think it may have been Al on the phone. Stated that Erica is sick and not at work right now. Inquired on my order and was told that they are shipping headers on Thursday and Friday of this week. That's all I have, just thought I would share.

We had to get off topic for just a couple posts to lighten the mood in the room. lol.:D

When you talked to him did he say if he was shipping just the first set or if he was shipping all of them. I would like to know when he has filled everybody's orders so I can go pick mine up.

Back