• Register Today It's free!

Touch Up Paint

Kerisseler

Reaction score
City, State
Bay Village, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I just got my brand new tailight covers that I want to paint to match my truck. They want $40 to do it at the shop. Isn't there a company that makes OEM paint in a spray can? Duplicolor is the only one I know of, but they dont carry my color. Has anyone ran into this before? Thanks for any help.

What you can do is go to a Ford dealer and tell them that you need a pint of matching paint. Go to a store like "Home Depot" and in the paint section they make these things that turn paint in a can into an aerosol spray. Basically it looks like a spray can with glass jar on the bottom. I saw this on one of those Sunday afternoon car shows.......I forget which one, but they had the exact same problem that they had with a new Chevy. Hope this helps. I think that the cost for the "spray thing" is about $9 and is re-usable.

Go to www.paintscratch.com. They sell OEM color paint in spray cans. You need to know your OEM paint code though. My girlfriend ordered a can from them for her RAV 4. They are a little pricey ($30 a can) but it's automotive quality paint matched to your OEM paint. You'll save 10 bucks doing it yourself, not counting shipping. Just an idea.

Back