Toyota Lift Question

jimbo74

Elite Exploder
Reaction score
City, State
Nor*Cal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001, F150, XLT 4x4
As many of you know, see my signature, I have a 4x2 Toyota pickup...this share the basic design principles of the second gen and up explorer.

The current tire size is 235/60/14 in about a week it should be sitting on ExplrCnvrtbl's rims and tires 31x10.5x15s

the dilema I am having is, I dont know if the 31s will rub... I might keep the torsion bars fully cranked..... here the problem, i drive very aggressively, and use the truck a lot on street. i do urban wheeling and general beating on of the truck daily.... will i blow through upper/lower balljoints and inner/outer tie rod ends in keeping the bars cranked up as opposed to lowering them down to a stock height

the vehicle will be lifted via rear soa, and front 4" spindles as well...

its a 4x2 toyota... all the 4x2s until the tacomas came out in 95 had 5 lug with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern --this is how my X rims are fitting on there..... also they dont really have hubs.... the yotas use a lug centric design, meaning its the lugs that center the wheel on the hub.....

also, i would rather not trim, but i will trim/grind down firewall seams and then reweld them if i have to...also if i must the sawzall will come out and the fenders will be cut as well, then a new lip made and rolled....

oh yeah not too worried about the tires fitting or rubbing more as in worried about the balljoints, suspension componenets failing even faster due to the increased possible stress of the maxxed out t bars and my driving style versus just the 4" spindles....

Back