Tpms Problem.

dmjcmj1

Reaction score
City, State
Butler, PA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the sight and have a TPMS problem I need help with. The message center on my 2004 Explorer Limited AWD said Tire Pressure Sensor Fault so I took it to my local tire dealer and had 2 bad sensors replaced. They said they programed the new sensors and everything was good to go. The first time I started my Explorer after making a stop for gas the Sensor fault was back on the message center again. I did some research and found the procedure for resetting the system but since I don't have the magnet I took the vehicle back to them to try it again. The initialization of the training procedure was followed step by step and the tpms indicator started flashing but the horn did not sound. The tech compleated the procedure but the horn did not sound signaling that the procedure was complete. The scan tool showed the corect tire pressure in each tire and the message center warning was out but after my first stop just like last time the Tire pressure Sensor Fault came back on. Any one have any ideas as to what could be happening?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I will check my shop manuals after I get out of the rain room and see if I can get some info for you.

dmjcmj1, check your PM. I have sent good info! ;):thumbsup:

I am having the same problem.

Could you post the good info here so we can all see it?

Thanks.

I will send it tonight when I get home.

May I also please get that PM, Sir?

Thank you!

My shop manuals only go to 2003. This info may or may not be relevant to your 2005. I have sent the info for the 2003.

Check your PM. ;):thumbsup:

Good luck with the fix. :thumbsup:

It's been a while.

To BigRhondo,
Thank you for the assistance with the TPMS problem on my wifes 04 Explorer. Two new sensors and a tire shop that new how to program the system fixed the problem.

To BigRhondo,
Thank you for the assistance with the TPMS problem on my wifes 04 Explorer. Two new sensors and a tire shop that new how to program the system fixed the problem.

You're welcome. Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the update.

From one Vet to another- Thank you for your service.

Back