TPMS question..

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
Hey quick question.. when the TPMS says there is a low pressure tire: 1) how to clear or reset the fault and
is there anyway to tell what wheel... all of my families cars say what tire position is low.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I'm not mistake it self clears after 20 minutes of driving above 20 MPH once the tires are up to the correct pressure.

As far as which one is low?

No clue...

As mentioned, the TPMS should reset itself. There is no manual reset. It does not indicate which tire is low like the 2016/17 models will do. You will have to do a visual inspection or use a quality tire pressure gauge.

Peter

Thanks peter.. What a PIA.. yeesh.. position must be a function of the TMS receiver location.. THANKS..

Don't feel bad...

My old 07 F-250 had a tire reset procedure that was impossible.

Ignition on and off 3 times, step on brake, ignition on and off 3 more times (Sacrifice as small goat and hope you get it right!)

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

interesting.. my wife and daughters bmws are impossible and a complete PIA.. they do however state the position... my 11 expedition was a pia and no position.. this one has been much better overall and less flakey.
would just be nice to tell what tire yeesh.. I would think 55k vehicle and all the tecjnology in this ride it would have been there.

interesting.. my wife and daughters bmws are impossible and a complete PIA.. they do however state the position... my 11 expedition was a pia and no position.. this one has been much better overall and less flakey.
would just be nice to tell what tire yeesh.. I would think 55k vehicle and all the tecjnology in this ride it would have been there.
You bought a year too early.;)

Peter

My '05 Grand Cherokee not only told you what position, it actually displayed the pressure in each tire, and had a 5th sensor in the full size, matching spare, which was the only one that only displayed low, rather than pressure. It was all built into the vehicle info on the dash. After that, I've been disappointed in everything I've driven with TPMS that didn't display it. If Chrysler could pull it off in 2005, certainly others could've managed it too. There's actually a lot of tech that I had in my GC that is just starting to show up in other vehicles, and they actually did it well. The problems I had with the GC were all run of the mill, and not from the new tech.

My '05 Grand Cherokee not only told you what position, it actually displayed the pressure in each tire,..........
The Explorer has that now. Started with the 2016 model.

The silly thing was, the BCM always knew what tire was low, too. I used to use FORScan in complete laziness to check my tire pressures back when I had my Tauruses (Taurii?), a 13 and 14. A PID identifies each corner of the car... the cluster was just too stupid to make use of that data.

exactly .. ridiculous! Love my Ford its just the little stuff that is irritating.. When you are driving down the highway in minus 0 degree snowing weather and the indicator comes on would sure would be nice not have to chase your tail outside to attempt to figure it out..

The quest for complete mastery of tire pressures will not be reached until all have an Central Tire Inflation System (CTIS). Until then, the controversy will continue...

maybe Ford thought Explorer owners were wacky and will nit pick over a few psi every time they come in for service? who knows :snicker: :wtf:. All the info including location and pressure is stored in the computer but can not view it thru the dash, maybe someone can hack it.

Reserved: Are you sure all the details are in the system just not displayable? I guess I have to ask the question of how you are sure of that ?

had sensor go bad and seller wanted picture of error on dash, so I sent a picture of the TPMS info. Temperature, pressure, sensor ID and location were present. I think if you rotate your tires the sensor location has to be relearned so stored position is correct, never tried rotating them and rechecking location.

Reserved: Are you sure all the details are in the system just not displayable? I guess I have to ask the question of how you are sure of that ?

wow that is awesome.. I have a 15 sport.. I wonder how to get to it as it jsut says pressure fault !!!!

All I got was the warning light on the left screen and the little orange tire on the bottom.

as far as I know only way so far is thru a scan tool unless someone is keeping a secret

if it is so that the data is in the BCM then I bet the difference in the 16 and 15 is the software which determines if it is to display it or not.

Interesting. Unfortunately I doubt they could upload a 16 level software in a 15 truck.. likely looking for other issues to begin LOL.. most likely not downward compatable.

Oh well may I need to buy a good scan tool in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back