Tpms Relearn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tpms Relearn

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
So i received today my Tpms Relearn Tool EL-50448 very happy to use it but now my tpms light and tire monitor fault doesn't appear anymore y guess they relearn by driving haha, anyway now that they are working is useless trying to program them? do i have to wait until it come on again? any helps is appreciated thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much you pay for the tool?

So i received today my Tpms Relearn Tool EL-50448 very happy to use it but now my tpms light and tire monitor fault doesn't appear anymore y guess they relearn by driving haha, anyway now that they are working is useless trying to program them? do i have to wait until it come on again? any helps is appreciated thanks!

It's not going to hurt anything to reprogram them. At least you'll practice being able to do it when it happens again.

If the TPMS are not new to the vehicle, just inside new tires and/or rims, then the system will see them again after driving for no more than 5 minutes. However, if it doesn't see the sensors then odds are one is dead and you need the tool to be able to program the new sensor to the vehicle. I have seen units that have batteries that are getting low and they will not send a strong enough signal initially but once the tire warms up the system sees them again.

I paid about 70.00 woth shipping and handling, now the light came flashing and says tire sensor fault tried to use the tool bit nothing

I'm actually having an interesting problem...on drives more than a few miles I'll get a TPMS error...it always seems to happen when I've been traveling at highway speed and then slow down for traffic or whatever. The error stays on until I shut down the vehicle When I start up the vehicle it's fine and it stays fine if it's a short drive. Tire pressure is good all around. Most of the time it seems to happen when I have my headlights on (I am running aftermarket HID projectors) so I thought maybe the ballasts were creating RF noise that interfered with the signal, but once it happened when the headlights were off, so that may not be it.

Going to try retraining the sensors and see if it fixes it or if it comes back.

I paid about 70.00 woth shipping and handling, now the light came flashing and says tire sensor fault tried to use the tool bit nothing

I'm guessing you did, but just wondering if you put the vehicle in TPMS training mode first before trying the tool?

Yes i did and got no luck programming the tpms

I know there is a way to know which is the faulty sensor but can't remember how it is done it displays in the dash telling which one is bad anyone know about this?

When i was searching it said works on most cars with tpms kind of universal didn't said only for gm

When i was searching it said works on most cars with tpms kind of universal didn't said only for gm

Could be. Just when I looked on amazon at it and when doing google searching on the model number all I'm seeing are results talking it being used for GM vehicles. I just wonder since yours isn't working at all if it's not compatible with Ford.

This is what makes me think it's mainly for GM: https://gmspecialservicetools.service-solutions.com/ToolDetails.aspx?id=5677

A guy post a review that it worked on his 2005 explorer so i don't get it

This really sucks waste of money and all because of autotoolworld.com lack of information, well it's not working tried few times and nothing , i guess rotating the tires would be a waste of time, i guess this is going to the trash can.

a read somewhere that if you put the car in learning mode and don't have the tool just take air out o the tire until the horn sounds

Did you set it in program mode?

With Standard Ignition.
1. Inflate all tires to pressure listed on tire placard
2. Turn ignition to OFF position and press and release brake pedal.
3. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
4. Press and release brake pedal.
5. Turn ignition to OFF position.
6. Cycle ignition from OFF to RUN position 3 times, ending in RUN position.
7. Horn will sound once and TPMS telltale will blink once train mode is initiated. If equipped with message center, it will display TRAIN LF TIRE. Place antennae of learn tool on sidewall of LF tire 180 degrees from valve stem to activate sensor. Horn will sound once sensor has been recognized, Repeat step for RF, RR, and LR tires.
8. After training LR tire the message center will display TRAINING MODE COMPLETE. If the vehicle is not equipped with the message center display, successful completion can be verified by turning the ignition to the OFF position and not hearing the horn sound. If the horn sounds, the training procedure must be repeated.

You shouldnt have to re train the sensors unless you have swapped them out.

The letting the air out trick doesnt work on the 06 +

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes i did all those steps and nothing happened, keeps blinking after the training mode goes off and send me the tire sensor fault

Back