Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I spoke to Trailmaster today and they told me that their 95+ Explorer lift won't be ready until early 2000. Dead Link Removed I was very disappointed to here that news as they originally told me it would be ready by the end of this summer.

On a positive note, he said the reason for the delay is that the kit is undergoing long term reliability testing right now. So the product they come out with should be strong.

------------------
Rick Horwitz
explorer@4x4central.com
Editor
www.4x4central.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Rick,
Thank you for the update. We've waited this long, I quess a little longer isn't going to hurt, plus that's give them time to make sure it will hold up to the riggers of off roading.
Gerald,
It looks like I will definately be looking at those extended shackles and the torsion bar twist, just to get me by until then. Can you find out how much your local 4X4 shop is charging and let me know. Maybe I can send you the money + shipping and you can send them to me.

------------------
Happy Wheelin'
Ray L.
97 XLT 4X4 4.0L SOHC

Hmmmm....

I got two e-mails from people who didn't think they could find a local 4x4 shop and want me to set this up and now Ray you've asked me about this too.

OK, what if I became a SUV parts company and got all the shackles to send to you guys?

I may be serious about this and what the heck who knows, I could end up doing something for a living more interesting than accounting ATM transactions....

Ray, I'll call tomorrow and see if I have to actually buy all the things or if one can be drop shipped direct to you. $39.95 + shipping. Do you want gray powder coat or gold anodized?

Gerald

[This message has been edited by GJarrett (edited 08-19-1999).]

GJarrett, you can create the world's first Ford Explorer 4x4 specialty shop. We need one... We'll show those Jeep people Dead Link Removed

I would do whatever I could to help you get a 4x4 shop going.

Could someone explain to me about shackles and how getting extended ones can raise your Explorer? I have twisted the torsions and added 31's and it looks nice but I wouldnt mind a little more lift.

Thanks!

Jordan

Jordan, look at the very back of your truck, underneath where the leaf spring attaches to the frame with a "shackle". If you make the shackle longer the truck and the spring (and therefore the tire) get farther apart. Since the tire can't go down (because of the earth) the truck has to go up!! One word of caution that has been mentioned already, with the shackel lift you only get "about" one inch of lift for 2" inches of extra length (you're just lifting one end of the spring). This method of lifting goes waaaay back to the early days of hot rodding, so it's nothing new. An aftermarket lift is a more preferred method, but you know that story!! Sorry so long, a picture would have helped alot.

Back