trails in maryland | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

trails in maryland

Yeah, I will probably go up to that green place when the weather gets a little nicer and make a whole weekend out of it. It's a little too far to drive for just one day!!:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by XPLORIN
Yeah, I will probably go up to that green place when the weather gets a little nicer and make a whole weekend out of it. It's a little too far to drive for just one day!!:exp:

lets make a run out of it.. I think it would be nice to have a Maryland get together.

Oh I'd be up for that run once it gets warmer around here.. I haven't been to Deep Creek lake but I've gone snowboardnig at Wisp which I've heard isn't too far from Deep Creek.

Except for the larger tires and the lift associated with getting those tires under the truck, my X is pretty much stock and I'm a newbie so I'll probably be the one being pulled out of trouble!

Originally posted by Spas
Steve you're absolutely right..sometimes I get so excited to wheel that I forget how easy it is to add to the "four wheelers are law hating rednecks" stigma. Thanks for bringing it up.

Xplorin, another Maryland member on this board named Savage Wolf has wheeled his first gen in mostly stock form out in Green what-ever-it-was park near Deep Creek Lake. He's told me a few times it was a lot of fun and could be pretty challenging at times, but the camping is great.

AllOutwar, I might be interested closer to summer when it's hot as hades down here :) Not too keen on paragon so much anymore since one of its guides and I don't get along and I'm not the type to put up a fight... and besides, it's nice to try new camping/wheelin spots! :bounce:

Greenridge state forest is good, the wheeling isnt much special or tough, camping is great though been camping there for the past 15 years

Coca-cola drive... Way illeagal, gotten tresspass warning there before, use to be one of those spots where the cops would tell you "long as your not doing anything wrong you can wheel here" but after people started bringing stolen cars there and burning them that all went down hill and became heavly patrolled (i use to wheel there every weekend, and use to help take the cops to the burnt out cars but its now been a few years since i have been in there (now around 4 years since)

but anyways if there is a camping run to Greenridge I'll be up for it... but I'll probably camp in a diffrent site then you all :p

coco-cola drive

I was out at the old coco-cola drive spot over the weekend. There was a officer down there, I ask him if it was alright, "dont go down toward the rail road tracks, they put a new fence up so you can't go that way anyways, and stay away from where there getting ready to build"..... I guess it all depends on who on duty, and how many families are down there with there kids riding atv

Are you sure? cause saturday I saw a Grand Cherokee get towed out with a rear passenger in a cop car.. There's a big No Tresspassing sign out front that says violators will be prosecuted..

I never seen any tresspassing signs. I always drive in through the gate with the barrier walls . I heard some Jeepclub was off-roading there on this saturday from Annapolis. Although I do keep hearing about people getting tickets, it would be nice to find out who really owns that land and get some actual written permission, Since its close by and Free.. With the price of gas climbing, driving 3 hours to drive some more its might costy with a Explorer.

Its owned by some development company, trying to think of the name off the top of my head.. I wouldn't risk going up there to wheel.. Number one its against the law as far as the law is concerned.. Number two the sign clearly states NO Trespassing, Violaters will be prosecuted. Number three going there only gives ORVs a bad reputation. Just spend the money to go wheeling somewhere legally like Paragon, Rausch Creek, state parks, etc.. or get permission to wheel on some property.

yeah, You do make sence.. I have been wheeling/dirtbiking at spot off of rt795 for years! now, Property is owned by Maryland Midland Rail Company. Most off all the trails are setup for off-road vehicles, mud traps, water holes,etc,etc. But hitting the same local spot over and over again gets tiring afterawhile. And paying to hit the dirt everyweekend at a ORV park is to costy. I'm always looking for free wheeling. I didn't buy a 4x4 to pay to get it dirty. If you ever want take a look at the Maryland midland spot , privte me and I give you direction cause it pretty secluded trying to find it on your own

Ok Y'all, let's try this AGAIN..... We're having a Meet n Greet/ beer and crab night on tuesday June 22nd at 7:30 pm... Hope some of you UBER slackers can make it this time!

M&G

Yes Green Ridge is good for a stock vehicle. Not really challenging for anything heavily modified. It's an 18 mile loop. I believe it is exit 62 of I-68 (not Route 68), Fifteen Mile Rd. or something. It's one way for atvs/bikes, but regular vehicles can go whatever way they please.

I know this thread is old but Paragon is now looking for land, according to their website -
http://www.paragonap.com/p_expansion.htm

I'm not even sure that much land is available in Maryland but it'd be awesome...it's always been a dream of mine to go four wheeling somewhere that's less than an hour away.

and the green ridge place is open for leagle driving? Where is this at?? I'll be in w/ my stocker 97 sport if anyone else wants to try it,, Only if it's lagit,,

and the green ridge place is open for leagle driving? Where is this at?? I'll be in w/ my stocker 97 sport if anyone else wants to try it,, Only if it's lagit,,

Yeah it's open, but pretty boring. I have been through it in a stock 94 four door, a stock expedition, and my Jeep on 33s. It was fun at first because I had never been wheeling but with a reasonably modified & capable vehicle you're asking for a snoozefest. All the obstacles that look like fun are off to the sides of the trail and clearly marked "no vehicles." If you're stock it would probably be worth the trip.

However, it might be a lot of fun with some snow.

I was just thinking - why the heck doesn't MD have it's own Trails Rd or Old Florida Rd? Where are all the old dirt roads the towns forgot about?

I was just thinking - why the heck doesn't MD have it's own Trails Rd or Old Florida Rd? Where are all the old dirt roads the towns forgot about?

Thats why I am moving to Tennessee next year.

Back