• Register Today It's free!

Transferring a Livernois Tune

greg9933

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
I had mentioned in an earlier post - it may have been in the new member section - that I was in the process of transferring my Livernois Tune allocation from my 2015 SHO to my new 2018 Explorer Sport. For anyone in the same position, this is about as easy as it gets. Call Livernois, explain what you are doing. They issue you an RMA and instructions on retrieving data from the new vehicle. Put that in a box with the tuner module and ship it to Livernois. In 3 days they had transferred my tune allocation to the Explorer, and shipped the calibrator device back. I installed my favorite tune this morning (91 octane, 3 BAR MAP). I can't quite say it's like having the SHO back, but boy, is it close. Shift point timing modified substantially and firmer but not harsh, mid range throttle is totally changed - far more responsive, and WOT is the fast RPM climb and quick snip snip shift pattern I was used to in the SHO. As I had hoped, it has transformed the Sport from just another Explorer into something worthy of being called a Sport.

I can't speak for other brands. Livernois has always done what they commit to do, when they commit to do it.

Just a side note - I always get questions about why I run 91 octane tunes. The answer is simple - we can't get anthing over 92 octane fuel here in the metro Portland Oregon area, so I play it safe and run 1 notch below pump ratings just in case someone gets a bad load of gas one day.

Greg9933
Portland, Oregon

Welcome to the Forum Greg. :wave:
Yes, it was in the New Members forum. Easy to find out. Just click on the number of messages shown in your profile in the margin.:)

Peter

Excellent to hear! I'm about to (finally) get around to tuning my 2014 Explorer Sport, and will be going with Livernois due to reputation (and the fact that I work only a few miles from their shop).

Back