Transmission cooler line radiator fittings | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission cooler line radiator fittings

brussell639

Reaction score
City, State
Denton, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
Does anyone know if a barbed fitting for a rubber hose is made for the transmission cooler in the radiator. I have a 2007 sport trac and when I bought it, the cooler in the radiator had been bypassed. I've just recently replaced the radiator and would like to use the transmission cooler in it as well as the auxiliary cooler, but the cooling lines were cut when the auxiliary cooler was installed. And I really don't care for the quick connect fittings (actually it seems there's nothing quick about them, other than how quick they are to leak). I'd rather use a barbed fitting and just run a rubber hose to the factory metal lines if I can.

Does anyone know if a barbed fitting for a rubber hose is made for the transmission cooler in the radiator. I have a 2007 sport trac and when I bought it, the cooler in the radiator had been bypassed. I've just recently replaced the radiator and would like to use the transmission cooler in it as well as the auxiliary cooler, but the cooling lines were cut when the auxiliary cooler was installed. And I really don't care for the quick connect fittings (actually it seems there's nothing quick about them, other than how quick they are to leak). I'd rather use a barbed fitting and just run a rubber hose to the factory metal lines if I can.
I just paid $200 parts and labor for a transmission repair shop to fix my cooler lines in which Ford no longer manufactures any longer,he had to remove the fittings and used brake lines and high pressure rubber hoses.

Can you flare the metal pieces that you have? Then add fuel line, or something designed for transmission fluid.

Good luck with this project.

He used an flaring tool for the steel lines and rubber high pressure hoses,

Back