Transmission Flush | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission Flush

Jbof79

Reaction score
I just had my tranny flushed and a new filter put in. When i was driving home from the transmission shop i noticed a wine when starting to accelarate. I brought it back to the shop and the guy said he did not hear anything. But he did say it might be because the new fluid did not cycle through yet. Anyone ever have this problem or have any idea what it might be. And it only makes this noise in the 2 to 3 thousand RPM range

I heard tranny flushes arent good because they push junk into your transmission, so i got a tranny fluid drain and fill..i work at enterprise rent a car and whenever a car would wine it was usually because the tranny was going or gone.. transmission flushes arent recommended.

I just had my tranny flushed and a new filter put in. When i was driving home from the transmission shop i noticed a wine when starting to accelarate. I brought it back to the shop and the guy said he did not hear anything. But he did say it might be because the new fluid did not cycle through yet. Anyone ever have this problem or have any idea what it might be. And it only makes this noise in the 2 to 3 thousand RPM range

So you had them flush the lines, then drop the pan to change the filter?

Assume you have the v-6 with 5spd trans. If it still makes this noise, take the tech from the trans shop out for a test drive to let him hear the noise. Then insist that they put it back on a lift and check the fluid level. "Could" be under/over filled.

New fluid did not cycle through, TOTAL BULLSHIT
1)The whine was there and you never noticed.
2)Wrong type of fluid or incorrect fluid level.
3)Check the power steering fluid level.
4)Something totally unrelated.

Back