• Register Today It's free!

6 spd trans fluid flush

bojans

Reaction score
City, State
McHenry, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Limited
Took my 06 V8 Explorer in for service, oil change, fuel filter, trans flush, etc. The shop I took it too was not able to flush the trans, something about a solenoid that needs to be opened in order for the flush to be successful. Went to Ford and asked about it, they said it was just a normal flush. When I told them about the solenoid that needs to open a valve the guy looked at me like I was stupid. A tech then came out and told me they had yet to do one and he would need to call Ford to find out how to do this. Has anyone had their 6 spd trans flushed? If so, where. I am tempted to just drop the pan and change the fluid, maybe add a trans temp guage while I am at it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Regular flush. I have the service manual.

Is that the actually manual you have or a haynes or chilton? I alays like to pick up a haynes as quick reference for my vehicles but I can't find one anywhere. Speaking of gauges I sure wish I had an oil pressure gauge.

Is that the actually manual you have or a haynes or chilton? I alays like to pick up a haynes as quick reference for my vehicles but I can't find one anywhere. Speaking of gauges I sure wish I had an oil pressure gauge.

The actual Ford manual.

I went to a Goodyear service, said the trans needed to be flushed at 30,000 miles, but the dealer says under normal driving conditions, 100,000 miles it should be changed. The dealer showed me the Ford recommendation. The one thing Goodyear showed me was SEVERE services, not normal - got to read the printout !!!!!

There's not an original fluid in my truck. The tranny is a *****. Trust me.

On that note, who else can say they have blue brake fluid? :)

Back