Transmission inquiry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission inquiry

Mikeconquet

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
Hello my name is Mike and just purchased 02 Explorer for my daughters first car. Overdrive light flashing hard shift 3rd to fourth took it to dealer they told me solenoid pack needs replacement. I purchased re-manned pack and installed light came off and it drives fine,but I cannot shift from 4wd low to high or auto. P1000 code pops up,I need your help I want my girl to be safe and I want truck to function as it should.:usa: I drove European cars for many years this is my first ford purchase and am looking forward to getting my 06 explorer 4.6

Hello my name is Mike and just purchased 02 Explorer for my daughters first car. Overdrive light flashing hard shift 3rd to fourth took it to dealer they told me solenoid pack needs replacement. I purchased re-manned pack and installed light came off and it drives fine,but I cannot shift from 4wd low to high or auto. P1000 code pops up,I need your help I want my girl to be safe and I want truck to function as it should.:usa: I drove European cars for many years this is my first ford purchase and am looking forward to getting my 06 explorer 4.6

Did the present issue as you describe it: stuck in 4X4 LOW (?) exist before the solenoid replacement? P1000 code means OBD-II (On-Board Diagnostics) Monitors have been unable to complete their scan cycle.

I cannot see a connection between the solenoid(s) and a 4X4 problem, except that the transmission operates within a different range of control pressures when in 4X4 LOW. imp

Edit: It would help to know which transmission is involved. If 5R55W, I may be able to come up with more ideas.

5R55W tranny and yes that issue did exist before. It shifts perfect now, I am used to full timeAWD vehicles so I didn't look at first to see if that issue cleared. My daughter asked me which selector should it be in. Yes I replaced the block,it wasn't hard.

Back