Transmission jerking on 1st speed | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission jerking on 1st speed

Finally ford company realized that they couldn't make a good solenoids, so now the new solenoids come from Germany with ford sticker....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting, can the loaded valve body assembly be replaced without having to reflash the PCM?
Without reflash the PCM it will take along time to start shifting smoothly, and in some cases the problem will stay as it is.

I'd clear the KAM, which would force it to relearn everything, but does the valve body have to be flashed into the PCM for it to even work? I know some of the components require the PCM to be flashed for them to even operate.

I'd clear the KAM, which would force it to relearn everything, but does the valve body have to be flashed into the PCM for it to even work? I know some of the components require the PCM to be flashed for them to even operate.
This is hard question to me. May some friends answer it.

You can replace just the valve body without reprogramming the PCM if you swap the old TCM onto the new valve body. The rebuilt Mechatronic assemblies come without the TCM.
The original TCM is programmed with the PCM already.

That's what I did on mine and it works fine.

My 6R60 mechatronic replacement - saga continues, pictures..

You can replace just the valve body without reprogramming the PCM if you swap the old TCM onto the new valve body. The rebuilt Mechatronic assemblies come without the TCM.
The original TCM is programmed with the PCM already.

That's what I did on mine and it works fine.

My 6R60 mechatronic replacement - saga continues, pictures..
That's exactly what I was thinking and wanted to know! For $300 and a few hours of my labor I might have to try this and see if it fixes a few of my minor issues.

Here is a video of a problem
On the first gear the car runs like on jerky manual trans

Has anybody solved this problem? A have same jerking on the 1st gear it traffic jam on my 09 Explorer with 6r80, sometimes when you touch the gas while moving 3-4 mph the car jumps forward very hard, annoys very much:(

First thing I would check is the fluid level to make sure this isn't an issue. How many miles are on you Explorer and when is the last time the transmission was serviced? Have you done any software updates?

Back