• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Transmission jerking on 1st speed

alawneh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2010
Finally ford company realized that they couldn't make a good solenoids, so now the new solenoids come from Germany with ford sticker....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Christobal65

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer V8- 01 Miata

alawneh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2010
Interesting, can the loaded valve body assembly be replaced without having to reflash the PCM?
Without reflash the PCM it will take along time to start shifting smoothly, and in some cases the problem will stay as it is.

Christobal65

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer V8- 01 Miata
I'd clear the KAM, which would force it to relearn everything, but does the valve body have to be flashed into the PCM for it to even work? I know some of the components require the PCM to be flashed for them to even operate.

alawneh

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 2010
I'd clear the KAM, which would force it to relearn everything, but does the valve body have to be flashed into the PCM for it to even work? I know some of the components require the PCM to be flashed for them to even operate.
This is hard question to me. May some friends answer it.

Explorer_PL

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
You can replace just the valve body without reprogramming the PCM if you swap the old TCM onto the new valve body. The rebuilt Mechatronic assemblies come without the TCM.
The original TCM is programmed with the PCM already.

That's what I did on mine and it works fine.

My 6R60 mechatronic replacement - saga continues, pictures..

Christobal65

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer V8- 01 Miata
You can replace just the valve body without reprogramming the PCM if you swap the old TCM onto the new valve body. The rebuilt Mechatronic assemblies come without the TCM.
The original TCM is programmed with the PCM already.

That's what I did on mine and it works fine.

My 6R60 mechatronic replacement - saga continues, pictures..
That's exactly what I was thinking and wanted to know! For $300 and a few hours of my labor I might have to try this and see if it fixes a few of my minor issues.

Larkin_1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2007 v8
Here is a video of a problem
On the first gear the car runs like on jerky manual trans