Transmission | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission

skater488

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer eddie bauer
ive had my 93 explorer automatic for a year now and since i bought it it started slipping in reverse and over the time it slowly starting to get worse and now it has a hard time going anywhere in reverse you gotta get out and push the car to help it, and its slipping in drive but its only like that when the engine and transmission is cold, is it going out? or is there a adjustment i can do to fix this?
i changed the transmission fluid, and filter about 3 months ago and the fluid level is good, what else can it be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im having this same problem but in most of the gears, whenever i come to a stop it goes out of gear

How many miles on the tranny ?

So lets keep driving them until they burn up,fellas really.If the tranny is slipping it needs to be repaired asap,it ain't gonna get better on it's own and you are doing more damage every time you drive it.:D

it has about 142 thousand miles on it, and thats what mine does when its cold and i stop it slips outta gear, but when its warmed up it doesnt slip the only thing it does both times when its warm and cold it doesnt shift right, ill be going about 60 and the rpms the line is just about to the red

Back