Transmitter programing problem

Davidzetterlund

Reaction score
City, State
Stockholm
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford explorer 2002
I follow this step:
• Insert a key in the ignition and turn from 1 (LOCK) to 3 (ON) and cycle between 1 (LOCK) and 3 (ON) eight times in rapid succession (within 10 seconds) with the eighth turn ending in the 3 (ON) position. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that programming mode has been entered.
• Within 20 seconds, program a remote transmitter by pressing any button on a transmitter. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that the remote transmitter has been programmed. (If more than 20 seconds pass before pressing a remote transmitter button, the programming mode will exit and the procedure will have to be repeated.)
• Repeat the previous step to program additional remote transmitters. The doors will lock/unlock to confirm that each remote transmitter has been programmed.
• When you have completed programming the remote transmitters, turn the ignition to 1 (LOCK) or wait 20 seconds. Again the doors will lock/unlock to confirm programming has been completed.

I did this yesterday with a new transmitter, worked great.
But when i tried to unlock the car today, none of the transmitter works. Even the old is not working now.

Tried to do the programig today again, but when i push a button after turn on/of, nothing happens. I've tried like 20 times whit both transmitters and differenk keys in the lock.

This drive me crasy. Suck to not be able to use the transmitters.
Any tips please

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there any parts stores (even hardware stores) around you with those devices that check to see if your transmitter is transmitting?
Usually a place selling batteries for the remotes or the remotes themselves.

Are there any parts stores (even hardware stores) around you with those devices that check to see if your transmitter is transmitting?
Usually a place selling batteries for the remotes or the remotes themselves.

All 3 O'reilly's in my area have them.

I Just programmed 2 new remotes a few weeks ago. What I found was only the remotes you do in that session will stick. It seems to wipe any previously programmed ones.

When I programmed my 2 new remotes the original one stopped working. So I did the process over with all 3 at the same time and all 3 worked and continue to work.

Well, booth transmitters have new batteries. Booth worked fine and stoped working at the same time....

I bought new batterys today and tried rhe programing process again.
And still not working

Yeah, need to see if you can test the transmitters to verify they are functioning. Would be odd if multiple went out, you may have an issue with the receiver.

I guess i have to find a place where they can test the transmitters. But that both of them fail at the same time.. Whats the odds for that to happen.

If it's the recevier, can i fix it by my self or is that something a ford dealer must fix?

I have some problem whit the key, it is hard to put in the ignition lock sometimed. Can that have anything to do whit it?

Where is the recever located?

Back