Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
I noticed today that my Travel Link is active and I seem to be "Subscribed" to all the features. I'm guessing that they must be offering one of those free trial periods.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might even be for 5 years.

Is this new with the 2020 model? Never had it before with my previous vehicles. I can't recall if I tried Travel Link on the Aviator before.

Peter

What is travel link ?

Had it on my 16 XLT and now my 18 Limited.

Thank you Peter

Is this new with the 2020 model? Never had it before with my previous vehicles. I can't recall if I tried Travel Link on the Aviator before.

Peter

It's been there for all of Gen 3 to my knowledge.

It's been there for all of Gen 3 to my knowledge.
As I mentioned, it is different here. I only had Travel Link active in my previous vehicles when they had a free trial period. Those usually ran for a week or so. The same with the old Vehicle Health Report. That was never available here.

Peter

As I mentioned, it is different here. I only had Travel Link active in my previous vehicles when they had a free trial period. Those usually ran for a week or so. The same with the old Vehicle Health Report. That was never available here.

Peter

Ahh. Yeah I thought there was something different there but had though it was audio only.

If I remember correctly, my 11 Taurus had 6 months, 13 Explorer had 1year, 16 Edge Sport had 5 years and seems my Aviator has 6 years. When I use builtin nnav it will reroute when traffic problems cause excessive delays.

Hey Peter, here in U.S., Ford does offer the 5 year travel link on the MyFordTouch equipped vehicles, however it does not state that on the Window Sticker and anywhere in the manual that I am aware of. The only reason I know I have it on my Ex and my F-150 is because I have an active subscription on both vehicles with Sirius XM. It only shows it on the summary page for my Sirius account with the details of each radio/vehicle. I do know that if you didn't renew the subscription with Sirius at the end of the trial period, most people here in the U.S. where probably not aware they even had it. But, for example, if you use the navigations on the center stack screen, it will display current traffic on the roads in green, yellow or red. Again, this is here in the U.S., so I'm not sure what Ford is including on their Canadian sold products. But, It may be worth asking the next time you have your vehicle in for service. Hope all is well is your neck of woods!

Hi Robby. It seems everything is still active. The navigation map has never displayed any colours on routes. If I hit the 'Traffic' button, it shows a list of what is happening (construction, etc.) on certain roads but that doesn't appear to carry over to the actual map. I just changed a setting to show 'Incidents' so I'll have to wait and see if that does anything in regards to the actual map display.

Peter

Yeah, I do believe there is a setting in the configuration to show traffic and incidents. I'm working with Sync 2 w/ Navigation so I'm sure my settings are different. I know mine will show as crash icon or shovel icon for accidents and construction respectively.

How do you display weather information? Do I have to have the data feature (whatever that is) enabled?

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario and have a 2020 ST (with the large display). I've only seen the occasional road works icon on the Nav map and don't recall seeing any traffic congestion colours but I'll pay attention from now on.

I subscribed to the Traffic Plus and Travel Link option when I subscribed to the Select program today (my trial expires on November 1). After reading this thread it seems I'll have to call my dealership to see if I already have a 5 year trial to the Traffic Plus and Travel Link program.

Peter: Have you had any luck with the traffic congestion colour feature on the Nav's map?

I haven't noticed any indication of traffic issues but then I very seldom wander into the city and 99% of the time I'm on the Home screen that only shows nav on 1/2 of the screen. I did notice that the weather displayed is for Ottawa/Kanata. The odd time when it was active on my 2017, the weather was for upper N.Y.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Where (on what screen) is the weather displayed? I have never (or don't recall) seen it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From the Home screen I selected Apps, then Travel Link and Weather was one of the several options that came up along with Traffic etc.

Peter

Back