• Register Today It's free!

Trim Restore..

leadfootdriver

Reaction score
City, State
Westland, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT 4.0 FFV
Turtle Wax Trim Restore is the bomb.. The top of my Rear Bumper was chalky grey colored.. This stuff brought it back. I did it twice for the Bumper.. The 1st coat looked good, but the 2nd put it over the top. I hit the Cowls, Luggage Rack, and the Wipers.. Anything that was faded black is now BLACK!.

It's windy out, so everything is a bit dusty! But you'll get the idea..

IMG_20240524_143843008.jpg

IMG_20240524_143852754_HDR.jpg

:chug:

Turtle Wax Trim Restore is the bomb.. The top of my Rear Bumper was chalky grey colored.. This stuff brought it back. I did it twice for the Bumper.. The 1st coat looked good, but the 2nd put it over the top. I hit the Cowls, Luggage Rack, and the Wipers.. Anything that was faded black is now BLACK!.

View attachment 452791

View attachment 452792

Looks good! Post updated pics as time goes on. I used this stuff for the plastic moldings on the doors and the fender flares some years back and it looked good for a while but then after time, it dried out and looked not so good. I ended up spray painting all the moldings and fender flares with Rustoleum (flat soft iron) and that has actually lasted.

Lookin' good

View attachment 452791

View attachment 452792

looks great! TW is definitely a great value, and alot of their line has come so far! if you ever want to paint it, rust oleum has a trim and bumper paint that makes it a gloss black

Back