Truckhaven 2001!! | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2001!!

Originally posted by tdavis
Hey matt, they are mounted, just not wired up.

I had to figure where to mount them - and ended up spending another $200! (found a used confer rack for $125, and then about $75 for the mounts and light kits for it).

Got that installed, and realized I wasn't totally happy with the way the piaa's wire up. (needed more wire, and places to mount things..)

So I got everything to fix that, and going to be doing that friday afternoon (simple for me, since I be inga near.)

T-9 hours and counting till lift off!

sounds good.. you shoulda told me you needed some conferr light mounts, I got a few sitting in my garage! Anyways, glad to hear they mounted good... I'm trying ot figure out a better way to mount the switches... looks like in my truck they may be getting mounted in my overhead console... so they look pretty "stealth" :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Cats, Dogs or Buckets

Steady drip/drizzle, high overcast, good visibility.

Try.........http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/Borrego_Springs/KTRM.html

WOOD!....and...

I checked on the wood at the CalTrans yard. Its all new and wet, no good for fire wood. I have a little more than I brought last time, and will be bringing all of it since I loaded up on the wet stuff for 3-4 months down the road. Everyone, bring all the wood you can scrounge up, I like a BIIIIIGGGGGG fire.

I Will be out there Friday early morning (not as early as Ray, thats when I plan on getting up). The spot we usually use will be a swamp if its been raining as hard there as here in Escondido, 90 miles from Truckhaven. We should move a little farther to the north and closer to the wash where the dirt is mostly sand. There it won't matter if it rains. The only reason I'm stressing this is I don't mind getting out in the mud with my truck, but I really don't like sleeping in the stuff. Rick, check it out when you arrive, or wait for me closer to the pavement in the morning and we can do it together. I shouldn't be there any later than 0700 Friday morning, and thats worse case planning. I'm hoping on getting there as the sun comes up.

Later;
Brian

It's highly doubtful that the rain is as bad as it is in Escondido. The mountain range in between Escodido and Salton City eats up most of the rain. That's why the desert is so arid on the other side of that range.

Brian, if it's wet when we get out there at night, I'm going to set up our camper in the paved area off to the left before the "Road Closed" sign.

Just a quick yell to everybody....I went out and got a large "pinic tarp" to throw up. I figured for a few of us sleeping in the tents we could set up under it and help keep us a tad bit dry.

24 hours till I leave....here we go

No Rain

The rain stopped just before noon and the sun came out about 3:30 PM. It looks like "that" weather front has passed.

Partly cloudy and chilly here in Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage. Things have dried up and soaked in a bit.

As far as tomorrow goes, we'll see! Can't stay long but might as well "check-it-out" (again). PJD

I'm packed up and ready to go. I've packed up a few extras just in case. Ride should be fun down there with my sport full of just about everything for two different types of weather, but hey....It's truckhaven and I'm going to have a ball.

After a few hours of sleep, a few hours of pretending to work, and a few hours of driving and I'll be there....

TRUCKHAVEN HERE I COME!!!!!

I hate all u guys my tranny took a crap on me yesterday and now i can't go j/k have fun everbody while im in my garage pulling out my tranny

I was just now watching the news and they reported another storm coming in tonight (Thurs) with rain and thunder showers through tomorrow (Fri). After that, it should be clear to partly cloudy for Sat and Sun.

Extra Blanket

If you don't have work gloves,warm gloves, heavy sweater and hat/hats on your equipment check list, at least stuff them somewhere in that overloaded Explorer. I know it sounds like a personal problem but, I AM COLD !

(Can't believe I spent two full years in the Colorado Rockies @ 8,000 ft.,aspen co.) I wouldn't last 2 mins. in Minn.

Go Go GO!

Yahoo!!! Finished the front bumper this afternoon, did my pretrip service and inspection, 2/3 packed, did the Costco run this evening! A couple of hours worth of little stuff tomorrow and were on the road! Not going to be towing the Expl. this time... Decided to drive it instead 'cuase of the possibility of heavy rain on the way down. Brian: I will bring firewood. It will probably be the store bought stuff cause mine got really drenched last night! See you guys early Fri afternoon!

well, since the event is probably starting to wind down, I will hope that everyone had a good time and we'll get to start hearing the details of the trip shortly :). Hopefully there were no breakdowns or serious damage, and hopefully everyone had fun and got some great shots!

Back