Return from Truckhaven 2001 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven 2001

More Truckhaven 2001 photos.

RangerX, Leebo, Roadkil, Rick H. and others...Most taken while driving, a couple borrowed from here...
Two whole rolls of film damaged by one of our cameras! Bummer. We lost the one with the driver's wheel high and Bill hanging off the grill guard. Big Bummer.
Rick
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1413816&a=11014138

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey.....no fair. You didn't have to show the one of me getting the strap. :) Gees. I didn't make up for it though. I was the one pulling up Joe. Besides....I didn't see you giving it a go.

Whats that up in the top right corner? Is God really watching down on you guys? lol...oh wait...thats just
Rick. hehe :D
View

yes...that is soooooo very true....i have not done a SINGLE thing tonight. (sorry to all you state farm policy holders, im slacking)

That a way Scott! Glad to know that we spend so much money to pay people to become fat and learn about explorers!
Pete
P.S. This rivalry will never die!

Before I totally forget - Rick, you remember the CD we played on Friday?

Can I get the files for it? I've got a CD burner at home, so all I need is the files..

Let me know, and I'll setup a place you can dump the files too if you want.

Ok, just e-mail me with the info.

Pics

Anymore Pics? Also i know this sounds like i'm rushing, but do you have a ballpark figure on when the writeup should be out?
Just curious,

Damage

well i found a little damage from the jumping. On my rear diff cover (thats for you Brian...hehe maybe it was my front diff, just depends on how you look at it. Everything is relative...hehehe) where its stamped the T/A. It has some nice chips out of it along with some other places. I guess when i was jumping and the suspension compressed the spare tire carrier has a metal piece that points down. That piece gouged the cover in a couple of places. Doesn't look like anything major.

Sorry......200th post

i had to get to 200 before i went to bed. I want another explorer by my name.

I have heard of that happening to others. Just bang on the tire stop bracket with a hammer and get it out of the way. I'm so proud, you made it to 200 posts. It was fun watching you jump your rig, something I would never try with mine (because I would for sure knock a hold in my front diff with that flimsy superlift bump stop drop bracket).

I used a different metthod.

I just cut that portion off the other day with a Saw-Zaw. It was interfering w/ my ARB air line and I don't carry a spare down there anymore so a I just did it the easy way.

An update - On they way back from truckhaven, the navajo decided it was a diesel engine, and didn't like gasoline (ie, it spewed black smoke, and got horrible gas milage - like 5mpg!).

Anyway, the engine problems are now fixed. This includes my previous check engine problems!

The solution? Replace both O2 sensors, replace thermostat.

The O2 sensors was bad, but not bad.. You know, like a problem child..

I drove it upto Sacremento (partially to check for this problem), and back with no check engine problems (I hit all the spots where it did it before.. No problems! Yea!).

I also stopped in Central4wd, and picked up the beginnings of my onboard air system (found a 2cfm, 20amp, thermal cutoff, same basic specs as the QuickAirII, for $180!).

Anyway, next stop is the clutch shop (going in for a new CenterForce Gold clutch), and then the gear shop for an ARB in the front (to replace the Lockright that finally failed at truckhaven). After that, well, the list continues.. tailight; rear springs (shot) and probably front springs; going to do a rear-disc conversion (from the svo site); and finally, body work. yup. going to get the dents pulled out.

Later folks!

Would'nt be you!

Tom, leave the dent, it wouldn't be you w/ o them. However, if you are at the body shop, get some new paint and you could be away from that white explorer thing. LOL!

I'm with him.....leave the dents.

Besides....do you have enough money to fix all of those things???

Oh yea. I have the money.. When you live in the Bay Area, and your a computer guy, you've got money.. Just not enough for a home, but hey, you put it into the toys.

As for the dents; they go. I'm going for two new fenders ($50/each); I can get complete, good, used doors $300each (includes *everything*). All that leaves is the quarter panels, and the rockers.

I'm also thinking about getting it painted "Urban Camoflauge". That will really turn heads!

TDavis and his dents

You know, if you take out the dents, you are just goint to roll it again (make sure I'm there, okay). Oh, I get it, no more room for anymore dents, right??

Great Idea!

Tom, I think that fixing the body is a great idea. You've taken enough guff for all this crap, and now it's time for Diff Whack Daddy's turn in the barrel. Urban Camo huh, I like it! Why don't you put a post up on the group purchase glass fender page....i'm sure someone would want to offset the price of their glass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm done ROLLIN'

I've had my fun and the only body damage I'll be getting from now on is the kind that happens when at least three tires are on the ground. Notice, I did not say that I will not do any trails that may cause body damage, BlueDog.

Back