Return from Truckhaven 2001 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven 2001

There is no computer in the DOG HOUSE!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder how he posted that then..

He probably snuck in the house and used the computer while she was in the shower. Also, I highly doubt he is sharing the dog house with the RAT. The RAT is probably on his side of the bed while he's in the dog house. Hope you survive Diff Whack DAddy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am feeling better, but still fighting this f***ing cold!!!

Well, seems like a lot of you guys had a lot more trouble going home than we did. Joe and I made the 1100 mile journey back to Colorado in one shot. It took 19+ hours through mostly snow and ice. On the way, we witnessed four 15+ car pileups, a few rollovers, several vehicle in the ditch, and a couple of jack knifed trucks.

Thanks again to Rick and Char for organizing the event. I had a lot of fun. Hope to see you all again real soon in Moab!

Originally posted by Brett
Well, seems like a lot of you guys had a lot more trouble going home than we did. Joe and I made the 1100 mile journey back to Colorado in one shot. It took 19+ hours through mostly snow and ice. On the way, we witnessed four 15+ car pileups, a few rollovers, several vehicle in the ditch, and a couple of jack knifed trucks.

Thanks again to Rick and Char for organizing the event. I had a lot of fun. Hope to see you all again real soon in Moab!

wow glad I didn't go after all! Otherwise I probably would've jackknived my Explorer into my new truck! :). Hope everyone had fun!

Not Really in The Dog House!

Actually, I am kind of confused about that, but I'm sure it is just smoldering right now and will come for the next 10 years.

Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but my Honey Do List grew considerably long in the last 4 days and I thought to show my appreciation for finally starting to understand my hobby I would take care of the whole thing before I did anything else.

Anyway, from the begining. After dinner at the burger hole, we were all back at camp having a nice evening. Somebody suggested a night run and the die hards headed for their trucks. I was ready to go and I had also picked up a rider, Tony(BA Exploder), and headed for the wash. Once in the wash, I was feeling kind of invincible from the camp fire spirits and the cool 27 second right rear 5 foot hang time on Heart Attack Hill. I stepped on the gas, crossing the wash and turned hard left. About half way through the turn, the drivers side started feeling pretty light. I let off the gas in hopes the truck would correct itself but to my demise, after a 5 second balancing act there was the sound of popping sheetmetal and shattering glass. Now, you would think that I would be concerned about my passenger, but the first thought in my head, and out of my mouth was, "F*$K, my wife is going to kill me!!!!" After that thought I was then clear to ask Tony if he was okay. Thankfully I was close to camp and I had more than enough help w/in seconds including Commander Ray who took charge of the situation. Thanks to all involved in the recovery and Tony, a special thanks to you for adding that extra weight on the passenger side. J/k Tony, I promise next time won't be as exciting.

Now the ride home was very loud due to the plastic window that Rick, Char, and myself constructed and it kept my mind off my upcoming confession to the wife. Until I turned off the freeway anyway. I walk in, tell her I love her and that everyone loved her Mac salad, by the way, the secret ingredient is pickle juice. She asked me if I had a good time and I offered her a trip to AZ to visit our freinds out there. She was on to me, looked out the window, turned back arround and said, "You need to wait to get a commuter car before doing that extreme of stuff. Are you okay?" I was shocked, said yes and then began to tell her how I was following tdavis and that I fell over in a slow off camber situation. So all is good at the home front and thanks to that parts vendor in AZ I will soon have a replacement door, window, and a mirror.

Now, since I am the newly elected member of the "Roll Over Posse" by the two present voting members, I am making the motion to have them known as RollerX and TumbleDavis. Any seconds on the motion.

By the way, I did make it home safely and without problems. I think all my problems happened while on the trail.

I'm just hoping that it is just to convertor. I've got a 200 deductable so from what I've heard I'd only be out a hundred or two. If it is the entire tranny I'd give the dealer a yell and try to get them to fix it. Either way I'm out of the running for awhile.

BTW.....Diff Whacken Daddy(I'm with Char on this one) It was YOUR idea to get a night run together. It was me that slowed us up. If I wouldn't of went with Rangerx he wouldn't of had to make a run back to camp to drop off his cooler and you wouldn't of had the minute to play in the wash. I'm sorry.

Matt.....I'd also like to blame you for me waiting for 5 hours in Blythe for a tow. If you were there I'd be able to drive one of your trucks and you could tow mine. Darn you. HEHEHE.

I disagree leebo

No, I believe it was BlueDogBandit who suggested it and then RangerX was all for it. I just happened to be the first to m truck.

Hmm.. This is all I could think on short notice..

This old Diff Whack Daddy (A.K.A.: Knick, knack, paddy whack)

This old man, he played one,
He played knick knack in the wash,
With a
Diff, Whack, paddy whack,
Give the daddy an explorer;
This old daddy came rolling home.

This old man, he played two,
He played knick knack with the wheel,
With a

This old man, he played three,
He played knick knack with the gas pedal,
With a
This old daddy came rolling over.

This old man, he played four,
He played knick knack at my door,
With a

This old man, he played five,
He played knick knack and out he came,
With a

This old man, he played six,
He played knick knack and on went the tow strap,
With a

This old man, he played seven,
He played knick knack and over it came,
With a

This old man, he played eight,
He played knick knack and over to pheonix he goes,
With a

This old man, he played nine,
He played knick knack and off comes the door,
With a

hmm..

Good to hear Mac!

Your wife seems to have come to the same understanding as mine....that the more she understands and allows to happen with my hobbies, the better the relationship. I'm not sure that applies to Roll Overs...but maybe. Sad, but true. Let me know when you wanna go to Phoenix. Oh, and I love Tumble Davis and RolloverX. We can take our ProbeGT out to Pheonix, it has enough room for the door in the back, and will be a lot cheaper than driving my truck.
Brian Kennedy, I called down to 4WheelParts yesterday about my brake lines.....asked for Mark, and got told he no longer works there. Wow, that was fast, just over the weekend. He must of took that job. By the way, I talked to Niel, and he is going to warranty the Pro Comps, put them back on the shelf, and order me the Superlifts. Any way's, I'm glad that I was able to get the truck out of San Ysabel monday night....the sleet that we fixed the power steering pump in turned into 6 inches of snow by the morning. Can't wait to see all again soon, I am definately going to meet Rick at Lake Havasu in March...with my new Auburn and gears.

Originally posted by leebo

Matt.....I'd also like to blame you for me waiting for 5 hours in Blythe for a tow. If you were there I'd be able to drive one of your trucks and you could tow mine. Darn you. HEHEHE.

Oh trust me, I was having much more fun! Lets see, I installed the airdam in my F-150 in some of the coldest weather I'd ever worked on my car for more then 30 minutes... you know about shrinkage? Talk about it... LOL. Then on Saturday I installed two sets of PIAAs and my headlights in my new truck (see http://bart.is-s.com/~explorers/madams/airdam/howto-airdam.html), spent about 2 hours trying ot replace the drivers side headlight because I had to take out the air intake system, coolant reservoir, and the radiator cover, only to find out that all I had to do was loosen some brackets, pull the headlight assemble forward, change the bulb, then slide it back into place! Argh! Oh well... live and learn.

Anyways, it sounds like everyone had a ton of fun, I'm sorry I missed it, but I look forward to seeing everyone in Moab, and possibly attica!!

A few photos:

t_haven_group.jpg

t_haven_night.jpg

pumpkinflex.jpg

pumpkinflex2.jpg

Originally posted by Rick
A few photos:
t_haven_night.jpg

Dang, that's the one thing I really wish I'd been there for was that night run! oh well, there will be others I'm sure... see if I had been there... that picture would be like "is the sun rising over yonder? Oh wait, its Matt" :). Who was leading that?

Here is my favorite photo of the run. I still can't believe that you never did figure out that your truck was going to be stolen while you were just sitting around the fire. You really should be more careful.

You would of loved the harder night run on saturday. Most of us were sitting around the fire while others were in the ditches. Every now and then you'd see this glow in the sky fowelled by several lights showing up on top of the hill. I wonder how many reports of UFO's there were that night???

BTW.....I still can't wait to see Kevins trip down the mountain on a photo. I'd also love to hear why in the heck he held it there for the length of time he did. I'm glad it was him and not me.

View

Sorry I had to use the flash. The ones without it showed up, just not very well.

[Edited by leebo on 01-17-2001 at 10:52 AM]

Well I made it home safely only to have my cv joint on my front half-axle ass-out last night...oh well, I knew I wouldn't get away with an entire weekend of 4x4ing without breaking something.....maybye I'll just get a 44 up front....hmmmmm

Thanx again to everyone for making it an enjoyable experience.....Colin, Justin, Tony, Matt, and Tom it was good meeting you guys and running with you....RangerX, thanx for the night running....and for the lead on Sun. I had a good time, hope to see you all on the trails again soon.

Campbell kicks ass....when he can see straight

Pictures?

i wannnnnnaaaaa see pictures. :p My dad took only 7 pictures of me jumping and the rest are in still in the camera. I need to use them up so i can see them. We took in the other 2 roles. :banghead:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Trip stuff

Well, I just bought a new set of wheel bearings for the left side, seems they were not just lose, but history. Got that all too recognizable vibration and hum yesterday. 2nd set in two years.

Ray H.remind me prior to the next trip to bring my old automatic locking hubs for you. One works fine, the other has a broken plastic spring retainer.

So Mac it seems like I really missed out by leaving on Sunday prior to the night run. I could have never gone home after rolling my truck, and I already have a commuter car.

Blaine, I went to 4 Wheel Parts on Tuesday and got the
"Marks not here anymore" line too. He is now managing ORW's main store in Kearny Mesa. I Called him and he says to talk to Neil or Jay at 4 Wheel, or just call him if its something new. Sorry to hear about your trouble getting home, we did have more problems than usual. I thought it was due to their being more rigs this trip, but most of the problems happened to the regular's.

I think the best time I had in the whole trip was the Sunday after we split up into two groups. I took a small group on a real exploring run (somewhere I have never been before). We found some perfect off-angle canyons, just right for the Explorer's wheel base. It was great until Tom blew out the other half of his front locker, and Jefe tried to climb the back side of the hill we were on and blew out his brake line (Dude, please get a shovel).

Everyone, lets do it again soon.

Back