Return from Truckhaven 2001 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven 2001

Peter Weber

Peter-- I was lookin at I believe your photopoint on the Rubicon link...I see that sweet bumper winch combo...What is it? Cost? Is it still available? Anything ya can tell me would be great!
Thanks
Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pete

You are talking about Tom Fakrwee's Navajo. I was riding with Tom on the Rubicon trip, taking pictures and acting as spotter. His bumper is a custom fabrication. As far as I know, Tom and Paul Bredehoft are the only people that have these. They also have custom rear bumpers made by the same shop.

There was a thread a little while ago about front bumpers and these did come up in the discussion. I believe the shop still has one or two sitting around that are available. If you do a search on front bumper or bumper you should be able to find the thread.

Sorry that I can't more specific.

Well, Shipwreck and I got home okay. One of my shocks came disconnected on the ride home and I have some new front end shimmy to deal with. Other than that the trip was a lot of fun. Colin, I don't know what was worse, missing the sunday run or having to listin to Cody (Shipwreck) talk about how cool it was. Damn those migraines I get. For those of you who missed the sunday night run...there were only four of us....It was a blast. Ranger X, BlueDogBandit, Shipwreck,and myself were out and ran all the ditches again. Thank you Rick for organizing the event, just let me know when you are looking to do that run out past Apache Jct. I am sure that Cody will want to go too.
Campbell

BIG THANKS to Rick!

We had a great Saturday and a great Saturday night meal thanks to Char and everyone who brought food. RangerX-Nice job leading us. That Razorback was the best! Looking forward to the next one!
Rick, Carla, and little CJ

Come on Mac....where are you??? I want to hear the entire report. Don't make us tell everybody that wussed out and left early. Don't make us TAKE CONTROL BY THE STATE OF CALF. HEHEHE Does she have you by the b#$# yet??

I can say that I had a blast out there. I was very impressed with everybodys rigs, as well as the people. Everytime somebody was in need.....there somebody was to help.

I just wish I was died a bit closer to camp. It turns out that on my way home I may of bit the big one. Right around Mecca my tranny started acting up. I was able to flag down Tom and Ray and their group to take a look at it. Converter is more than likely dead. At least I hope that's what it is. I'd a heck of alot rather have that dead than the entire tranny. I ended up getting to Blythe before it died. Waited about 5 hours for a tow....the finished the drive back to Vegas. It ended up an 11 hour trip from Truckhaven to Vegas. May butt was killing me.

Even though that did put a slight damper on things, I still had a blast. Even though the trip put me 129 mile over on my warranty, and made it so it won't cover the tranny, I still had a blast. Without a doubt....I'd do it again.

Thanks to everybody.

View

Sorry.....I just had to do it. I was able to get this the one morn I woke up before him. He was awake and in there changing or doing something. I really didn't want to know. HEHEHE

confused?

Are you talking about my uncantered trip through the air when you refer to "most out of shape"? I know that the previous trips have had a lot of post expense do to trail mishap....but is there anyone that made it home without problems? Oh, and I forgot to mention my great gratitude to Gy (spelling?) and the rest of the guys that helped me fix and nurse the truck back to camp after saturday's run. Not a good time to blow a brake line....right before "Heart attack Hill." Got a chance to give a little lesson in repelling thanx to the help of Mac. Oh, and Brian, the Diff Whack Daddy name that Mac aquired is still from the pre-run. There is an extension on that....but it would give it away. I'll leave it to Mac. Maybe I should check the papers though, to make sure there were no homicides in Lakeside last night.

BlueDogBandit

The comment about 'most out of shape' was in reference to one of the jumps you made on Sunday morning. I'm not sure if I got a pic of it.

don't mind me....im just looking for teh e-mail updates...
me want pics!! :D

Pictures....You want pictures. Here you go. I can't figure out how to make it so you cant change anything....but I don't care. Just please....don't go messing with everything.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1207866&a=10998592

I sure do see why Truckhaven is the place to hold the events. Every should put this on their calander for next year. Can't wait to do it again.

leebo,

FYI, the album is in guest mode when we view it, and in owner mode when you view it. It's just the way photopoint uses cookies.

Hey, I barely made it home too Leebo..

The truck finally lost something (it's brains, for all I know..) and I was getting 80 miles for every 1/2 tank of gas! Yikes!

Gi, Baexploder, RayL, Cary and me all had a great time. It started out hard on the bodies (what crappy weather on thursday) that ended up just beautiful (until the drive back).

I've got breakage to repair (list was big before TruckHaven.. and I didn't really add anything to it!), so I'm out of action for a few months.

Cary has a ton of pics and movies, I've got a few, we will post when we've got them up and ready for viewing!

Oh, Brian K, I'm still not really sorry for not rolloing on ya. You still going to have to settle for "almost", from me that is...

Well we got home last night. Tom, Ji and I had to take it easy as Toms truck developed some minor problems, ans Ji had to change tires because it was loosing air from the bead. I also had to change tires before we left for the same reason.
Leebo flagged us down and told us about his problem. We felt sorry that we couldn't help Lee out. We are happy to know that you are home safe. Sorry about the torque converter.
Hey Diff Smack Daddy, if the little rat bothers you too much while you are sharing his home, just pass some gas and it won't bother you anymore.
It was a real pleasure seeing all you again and meeting the new people too.
Thanks Rick, Char, Bill(Ranger X), Brian K. and Ray H.
Hey Shipwreck, I really liked your Ranger, and Campbell, should get honorable mention for strapping the most people out of situations. I would like to also mention Anthony(BAexplorer) for being in the wrong truck at the wrong time too many times. I'm really supprised that you still hang around with us.

Originally posted by Ray Lobato
Well we got home last night. Tom, Ji and I had to take it easy as Toms truck developed some minor problems, ans Ji had to change tires because it was loosing air from the bead. I also had to change tires before we left for the same reason.

Did you and Tom get those lenses swapped out OK?

Matt - yes, we did.

We had Ji doing hand puppets in the lights when we was heading down to TruckHaven - those 520's was just lighting everything up!

We also kept blinding the trail leaders - those lights are great!

Sounds like it was a great time had by all, wished I could of been there, and can't wait for the writeup.

Also....did everyone come back with some kind of damage or what!!??

Originally posted by Jefe
I was a little worried showing up and seeing that I was one of the newest explorers there. . .and to think I managed the weekend without even a scratch. . .
Ok, now I'm feeling really lucky for getting all the way back home without the least of problems. Sorry to hear the troubles that many went through getting back home.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got home and finished reading all of your posts. I'm glad everyone had a good time. Char and I had a blast! As always it was good to see the old friends and great to meet the new ones.

Special thanks to Bill Collins, Ray Hutchinson, Brian Kennedy, and Collin Ignacio, you guys did a great job as trip leaders!

If the folks who stayed home only knew what they were missing! The weather on Saturday and Sunday was FANTASTIC!!

As most of you know, Char and I stayed over again on Monday night. Monday was a lot like Friday, cold windy and raining in the afternoon. We didn't build our last fire until Tuesday morning which turned out very nice.

No broken parts for us, but when I tried to back the Dodge up to the trailer this morning the tires, which were covered with hard packed mud, dug into the soft ground. I was a bit worried, but I used the ramps from our trailer as sand ramps and drove out using them for traction and flotation.

Since the Dodge had already dug holes in front of the trailer I needed to use the Explorer to pull the trailer to drier ground. After that all went well, we did hit a bit of heavy rain in Phoenix. The weather turned unseasonably cold here and when we pulled in at 4:00 the temp was only 48degs!

Mac changed his name from "Mac" to "Diff Whack Daddy" and just underneath it it says "And the Roll Over Posse" so if you see that name you'll know who it is. We'll let Mac explain the Roll Over Posse part!!

Leebo sorry to hear about your torque converter. Isn't there anyway you could say it fried before you could get it to a dealer since you were in the middle of the desert?

It seems that you and Ray had my old cell number as I never recieved a message from either of you on this phone.

Back