Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

What better way to celebrate your B-day!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool we already have a dozen signed up for the run! Keep them coming.

To see who has signed up check out the Truck Haven 2002 Info thread.

One thing I did find last time I was at truckhaven - public facilities!

Yup, they have public restrooms over in Salton City. Go across the hwy and kinda follow the loop. It will take you past a park - turn there! Find the swimming pool/park - and there you go, restrooms. Sorry, I didn't write better directions when I was there. Finding a flush toliet after several days was too much pleasure. :)

Plus there's running water to re-fill containers if needed.

Do note - they aren't close by, and they aren't open 24hrs a day.

"Back from Baja"

I'll be there with Starsailor and maybe my wife. My rigs new name is, "Back From Baja." It will hopefully feature a new set of gears and lockers...

Glad to hear you made it back ok Ken. See ya at T-haven!

I must tell you, Off Roadin44, there is no better place to spend a birthday than in the dirt, especially at Truckhaven. I have been going to this area of So Cal since I was a baby. Maybe Rick will give you his truck for a birthday present!

I'm there and ready to dig.. :D

bring this back to the top.

Also I am not sure if I will have my truck going by then. This past weekend I blew a hub and seal in the front 35, bent the transmission cross member and crushed the transfer case skid plate up in to the exahust creating a leak and also bending the frame. I am planning on doing a 44 60 swap in it so I have to wait till I have the money for that before I will be wheeling anymore.

Matt

I'll be there. I'm only about 70 miles from there living in Ramona, or at least if I still live in Ramona. This'll be my 1st truckhaven run with the Explorer. I've been there tons with my dirt bike and Jeep. Do you guys stay in the TH area or do you guys go over to Ocotillo Wells, and the Fish Creek area also? What about a Los Coyotes run?

Anyways, I'll be there with my X, and either my dirt bike or lifted golf cart.

Will anyone else be bringing toys other then their Explorer?:p

khris i'll bring my 01RM125 :D

Sweet, I can bring either my dirt bike or cart but not both cause of my trailer size. I ride a '99YZ400. Have you ever ridden in that area? Ocotillo wells is about 15 minutes riding time from there and is basically Disneyland for dirt bikes!!!

I have been going out in this area since I was a baby, riding dirt bikes since I was six and 4X4's for the last several years. Its great for everything. If you want, I can show you a place where you can catch 20+ feet of air on your bike (your truck too, if you want to bury it where it lands)!!

I think this area of the desert is better for bikes than Ocotillo. We used to go to Ocotillo sometimes when I was a kid. Truckhaven/Salton Sea area seems has more to offer.

That sounds great! I've only been to TruckHaven a couple times with the bike and didn't know where any of the fun stuff is. I love the cliffs at Shell Reef out at Ocotillo Wells. 20' of air, I'm assuming your talking up and not distance. That's about the most I've ever done but I'll check it out. I always feel more uncomfortable jumping out there then on a track because the first hit is always so unpredictable and the terrain tends to deteriorate pretty fast so after a couple hits it's not very good usually. I'm looking forward to the run already and REALLY can't wait for about another month once the temps come down out there!!

i am going... i signed up just now....

Jim good to see you are coming maybe we can get the other rocker panel to match the one from Los Coyotes:D

Matt

i might just bring my play bike 92 KX125 with revalved and respringed kayaba susp. The most i have ever jumped was at the disler brothers(jump contest riders) privat track i was about 40+ in the air and the double form point to point was 150'

That's some good air!! I could probably show you the biggest hit I've done but don't do anymore. I can bring photos though and tell you what gear. I've mellowed out since my knee surgery and now I need another one cause I came up short on a 120' double out there New Years weekend.

here is a pic of me when i was still racing full time(i was paid $50 a race by suzuki's contingency ) i was 14_15 in the pic in the middle of a race

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, I wish I could get some pics scanned. I've got some of me launching over my jeep and other misc. pics of jumping over stuff.

Is that a RM80 in the pic? I'm always blown away at the track when you see the 80s hitting the triples and the 60s hitting the big doubles!!

Back