• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

TRUCKHAVEN 2004!!! Jan 17-18

JeepMaster

Reaction score
City, State
Corona,Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Well it looks like you won't have the JeepMaster and Thunderhorse at this run, due to Thunderhorse's Explorer not going into 4WD. The motor works but some how he isn't getting a signal from the computer to the motor.

If it gets fixed today or tomorrow we will be there. if not maybe we'll see you at the Rubicon in July. (Preferable prior to Jeep Jamborie)

Jeep Master

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Blaine122300

Elite Non explorer owner
Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Land Rover Disco
take the motor off and use a pliers to move the shaft into 4wd. It will work!!

JeepMaster

Reaction score
City, State
Corona,Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Lol. I will definatly pass that on to him.

Really don't want to miss this. it will be the first major 4X outing I've had since prior to going to Iraq in Jan. Really jonesing for some good 4Xing.

jeepmaster

410Fortune

ICE Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Yeah if you remove the shift motor and get some Robogrips you can move it freely from 2wd to 4hi to 4low, as long as you have the truck in P or N for the hi to L shift......

Its easy, basically you become the shift motor.
I had to do this when I drove 200 miles to the dessert to go 4x4ing and pushed the button, no clicky no worky.

Felix

Reaction score
City, State
Agony, GA.. I mean Albany, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 F-150 Lariat 4x4
What a way to meet people let me tell ya. I was riding with JC in his bronco that night. I will not forget that night run for a long time. :) Hope to see you out there again this year.

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
Gonna drop some firewood off to the guys out there already at T-haven and I'll be back out there tomorrow after work...see you guys out there.:D

sirhk100

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91
Felix, I've gotta thank you too then!!! Lesson 1, don't fall asleep while driving in the bad lands!!! Lesson 2, don't cross the bad lands @ midnight by yourself just cause you know the way!!!

Felix, noticed your B-Day, pretty damn close... Mine 5/25/77

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Originally posted by sirhk100
I learned a lot from that night last year!!! I can't even thank Brian enough for coming out there and finding my ass along with JC. I'm talking about riding over on my dirt bike this year so actually, staying on the pavement would be bad!!!

Hey they saved my ass too!!!:)

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Well you guys/girls have fun!! I won't be makin it out cuz I got work tomorra...just drove back from work in San Diego...dont feel like drivin much more.:( But on the other hand, Ill just get really drunk tonite and then imagine I'm in T-haven!!!

Xplodor-hey bro, got your message, thanks for the call, but maybe next year. We gotta go wheelin sometime soon too man...you still got the same cell #? Well hope the new motor werks out for ya, latah

Ken Cooke

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Riverside, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Rubicon - Tomb Raider
Originally posted by JeepMaster
Well it looks like you won't have the JeepMaster and Thunderhorse at this run, due to Thunderhorse's Explorer not going into 4WD. Jeep Master
I wanted to come w/the Jeep Master & Thunderhorse, but, I'm too burned out from work and night school to wake up in the morning. Have fun out there, and everyone have a great time!
-Ken