Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

yeah that's an 80 ..........any triple that had any type of a run at it i could clear in fact that is a small triple i am jumping ...........i really want a KTM125SX but im stuck with suzuki

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Were in at Ray & Carol's!

Rick,

We signed up quite a while ago, but reserved our room at Ray & Carol's Last week! They still had rooms when we talked to them, so If anybody's interested. Ray & Sandy L ? Brett G? $42 a nite...can't beat that!

Are we going to have a prerun?, also Brian K. we'd like to do some of those other trails we discussed,
like Grapevine Canyon!

I'd also be willing to lead another Pinyon Moun tain Run if we get some interest!:p

Just throwing this out there..My dad and i are looking at making a trip out to thaven in the next couple of weeks. I think were going to make it just a day run. Leave early in the morn then head back later in the afternoon.

Ray,
I'd probably be interested in a Pinyon Mtn run. That's the canyon that dumps you out into fish creek and you have to go through the squeeze and down that crazy drop isn't it? It's been a while.

Brian,

I may be up for a day run. I havn't had a chance to wheel the explorer and am looking for an excuse. Post an update when you're going out.

I'm in

I am so there. I should be done with all my new mods by then. I can't wait.

Clint do you have any pics of ride. Robbie

yeah Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Pinyon Mtn.

Sirhk 100,

That's the one! Hope to have about 7-10 runners!

Mac (Diff Whack)... was that for Pinyon, or just the whole T-Haven Experience? Either way, good to have you back!!!

ALL OR NOTHING

Pinyon is always a great run. As long as I take it easy in the washes I should be able to stay out of trouble. I think I have learned my lessons though about playing arround.

Diff,
Should I even ask? Did you pitch it out and slap a canyon wall or dump it on it's side?

A liitle bit of all

If your asking about the pic in my profile, I ame out of that just fine. On the first run down Pinyon Mountain I hit the front diff doing about 35 to 40 in a sand wash causing major dammage, but still drivable. After the second run, where the pic came from, I rolled it in a sand wash trying to do a donut after to many beers.

Heart Attack!

Diff Whack Daddy's signature is a pic of him descending "Heart Attack Hill", one of the obstacles on ther Pinyon Mountain Run. Oh yeah, He survived Heart Attack Hill just fine, but a little later..... well, he'll have to tell you.

Ray, I still have my old automatic locking hubs for you, one with the broken plastic piece, one complete. Should make good spares.

As for Grapevine Canyon, its pretty tame, but real scenic. I would be happy to meet up for a day run next month if we can set it up. It ends up at the Borrego Badlands, near the squeeze.

Hubs

Hey Brian, Thanks for the thought, I really appreciate it, but.... Got a brand new set of Warn Manual Hubs, along with new wheel bearings and new Slotted Rotors. I'm going to install them all b4 Truckhaven... just been trying to get as much out of the rotors and pads that are on there as I can.

I'll have to get back to you on next Month-Grapevine. Things are pretty crazy at work! Don't really havef a schedule anymore.

I know, we have been on 12 1/2 hour shifts (1800 - 0630) since Tuesday. Be careful Ray.

Brian

Brian,

I noticed you're a CHP and live in Escondido. If you see a lifted Red Explorer doing 65, don't worry I can't go any faster and those wobbles are normal cause my caster is way out. I got pulled over last weekend and the CHP officer thought I was drinking cause my Ex. wobbles/rocks back and forth like a boat. I got a kick out of it and thought it was kinda funny.

Anyways, are you guys noticing any different trends in crime or anything since Tuesday?

20 people have signed up so far... Let's keep it growin'!!

My Wife and I were thinking of camping. Who all is camping out of the 20 participants who have signed up?
Is camping recomended? We are pretty rugged folks but I dont want to be the only couple.

hammer due to lack of $$$ i will most likely be camping too.... toss down the back seats..pile all my gear into the front seats and viola! a 6'6" bed.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Due to the lack of lodging close to T-haven the majority of the group has camped in the past. Most either tent it or sleep in their trucks Char and I have a camper as does Paul Bredehoft. Only a few have stayed in the hotels.

Back