Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

Don't count on the lockers, but it sure sound like you might make long distance! Dark Knight also lives in Virgina and he got the long distance award for our Colorado run. His prize... a case of Amsoil:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rick, how much of the trail do you think I can do w/o body damage?:hammer:

Body Damage

Mattfirefighter; You can go pretty much anywhere without body damage in Truckhaven, unless you decide to follow Bill around, then its gonna happen:p .

There are lots of trails of all degrees of difficulty with many bypasses. I have only done minor damage in the many years I have been going out there by just saying....."I don't think I want to try that, but it will be fun watching someone else do it". Of course, I get braver and less caring about body damage every year, so who know whats in store.

If this run is like the other two, we will split up into a few groups on Saturday morning (moderate, extreme, Bills body bender, etc..), then meet up for big group fun in the afternoon.

If there is enough interest, I can lead a morning run like last year.

Hey, if you are a Fire Fighter and an EMT, bring out your gear, right Rick... We have two (myself and Ray Hutchinson).

Thanks for the tips. I do hope that you might head up the moderate run. I am firefighter with loma preta 44 in the santa cruz mts. What are your stats...?:usa:

Also what do you think I should Bring? I have read rick's list of goodies and I have all of the must haves. But what are some good items to bring not on the list?

I'll follow brian kennedy anywhere. Everyone can have a good time. I'm 2wd and i can go with the 4wd. I might dig a few holes, but hey thats the fun right? :shoot:
Brian,
Any word on the locker situation yet? Also, you taking anyone? Cuz i might have an older man that can be a good passenger...lol

Just show up and have fun...Anything you don't bring someone else will have two of.

I'm just an EMT-1 N/A, but I always bring my bag. O2, and splint kit when I go out wheelin'.

Hey Gopher, if you are talking about your Dad, he can ride with me anytime, he is a great spotter. I know you really just want a little quality time with your girlfriend.

I have a line on the right locker from two different places. If the lower priced place doesn't come through by Friday, I'm buying the one already in stock for $50.00 more. That other deal I was working turned out to be a bust.

The kit is nice...Rides awesome and does pretty well out in the desert. If i were to do it all over again, i would go and price out some fab shops to make a lift for it. The Fabtech lift was expensive..i believe the price has gone down since it first came out. It does most everything i want to do. Do you have a 2wd?

Re: Body Damage

Originally posted by BKennedy
. . .You can go pretty much anywhere without body damage in Truckhaven, unless you decide to follow Bill around, then its gonna happen:p .
LOL. . .I've followed Bill around many times. . and have only managed a scratch and a couple broken fog light mounts. :D (knock on wood :) )

Whatever you do, don't follow me.

Seriously, I've already been blamed for enough..

I thought I was the one you werent suppose to follow :D O wait thats cause I am the one always getting lost. I think it is just around the corner but not sure:D

As far as body damage I have recieved very little out there other then a few scratches. Most of the walls crumble when you hit so it doesn't do to much :D

Matt

Brian,
You can keep the spray paint at home. I'm a single man.. The ball and chain is gone...lol:p . I didnt realize how much money women really cost...I seem to have more money now then before. My truck is now back at #1. :chug:

Rick or anyone

Any word from Kevin Kocher. I think i spelled his name right? Is he going this year? Just curious.

I talked to Kevin a few week's ago. He's been very busy with his work and new home and family. He said he hasn't been on the board for awhile but would try to get back on. I ask him if he was planning on going to TH. this year and he said he would try to make it.

Hey Kevin, if you are listening let us know! :D

I would love to go to T-Haven. Unfortunately, I probably won't have my truck, and even if I did, no trails for me. Just a stocker with little tires. I'd love to ride shotgun with somebody, though. Anybody from Oklahoma got space? lol... I hate begging...

Rick

Count me as a probable. Not 100% sure, but I'm sure gonna try to make it.

Peter,
You got to go.. Who's going to take all the good pictures? I don't think many can fill your shoes in the picture department. Hopefully things will work out for you to go.

See, I don't think anyone who has followed Bill around has gotten away without at least a scratch. This last trip I bent my new bumper, and scratched the right side mirror...I have to be honest, Rick was mostly leading the pack, though Bill was in front of me.

Gopher, you can take your Dad out then.......unless you just what some private time. I am trying to talk my Bro-in-Law into coming out. He is the one who did all the custom modifications to my truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I LIKE all these references to me and body damage. Maybe people will stop asking me to lead!!! :D :roll:

Back