Truckhaven 2002 Discussion | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2002 Discussion

There hopefully won't be any water crossings at all :D It could rain though...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, if I get my mods done I will try to come out Thursday afternoon. What CB channel are we going to use so I can locate you all?

Also, I can't find any good tow points up front, any suggestions?

I called Desert Rat, they don't have any Front SB Quik Connects left, anyone know of any other shops?

Thanks,
Ron:eek:

Need a favor

I have 5 tires mounted on rims that need to be brought from T-haven to the Tucson, AZ area. If anyone from or coming through that area has the room to take them please let me know. Thanks, DWD.

:frustrate :frustrate :fire: :fire: :fire: :hammer: :hammer: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:
CCCCCRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!
I am out!
Son of a :shoot:
:frustrate :frustrate
I am soo pissed off right now.

Do to circumstances beyond my control $$$$
I will not be able to attend.

There is still a chance but as of now I am out:fire:

Sorry

CB Radio Antenna Tuning??

Howdy All,

I just got my new Cobra 75wxst installed last night in my truck. I'm not sure if I will be able to get it tuned and tested before I arrive at Truckhaven. My question is: Is someone attending Truckhaven that can help me tune the antenna if I need it?

For those interested in buying a new CB, I got mine from www.valcoelectronics.com. I had called around Houston to see if I could get it locally at a decent price.
Everyone that had one quoted it new at $130. One guy had remanufactured ones at $110. That guy quoted the magnetic mount Wilson 1000 antenna for $80. I got that antenna and the Cobra 75wxst from Valco with shipping for $166 total. I saved over $40 from buying it locally. Usually I like to buy local, so I don't have to wait, but I couldn't pass up this savings.
I ordered it late Thursday afternoon and got it Monday morning.

Thanks,
John

I went with the Myland handheld CB radio so I can move it from the CJ to Xplodor. I know it will lack distance, but make up in portability. I installed a aux magnetic antenna, you guys will have to check it out.

Anyway bring the instructions Bro, I'll help you the best I can. I useually bring a pretty decent tool kit in my rigs for misc. stuff like that. I lack in the hardcore big tools to swap axcels and weld on driveshafts. =)

Wish me luck on my TT and Shackel install this weekend.

Ron

Well I should be out there Thursday evening. Well actually late Thursday night. Will anyone be up to keep an eye open for the late arrivers??? I'm praying to get outta town by 8:00 at the latest which should put me out no later then 9:30, okay, nevermind that's not late!! Anyways, I'll try to get a CB hooked up by then. I think I've got one in the garage but I'm not sure if it works and I need an antenna. Any good ideas on mounting locations?? Am I blind, did anyone list a CB channel, worse case scenario I may be able to borrow a portable from a friend. And what's up with the GPS cords?? Does anyone have any?? I'll ask at work what the chances of the coil over Bilstien Ranger coming out is. I'll try to mention it tomorrow.

Here's the important question though, should I bring my dirt bike or lifted golf cart? I'm thinking the golf cart cause I doubt I'll get much riding in. The golf cart is cool to screw around in at night and during breaks eventhough it is INCREDIBLY (sp?) gutlesss. Okay, so here's the pole, should I bring the cart or my YZ400?

What else should I bring? I'll try to bring as much wood as I can scrounge up. I can't steal any from home cause we use a pellet stove so we don't have any. I thought I read something about a pot luck a few pages back. Is that still going on? What side dishes are in need still? I'm on a dial up connection so I don't check the updates too often so what am I missing.

Ohh, one more thing, I'm getting new tires this Friday so I'm stoked and should get at least one set of Bilsteins installed this week!!

Does anyone want a set of good front Bilsteins for a stock Explorer? I'll let them go for $55 and bring them out to deliver!!

Sorry for the book.
Khris

Xploder,

The Cobra 75xwst has all it's buttons and brains in the mic unit.
Dead Link Removed

You can purchase additional Remote mount power supply modules for around $21 each to use the CB in additional vehicles.
Dead Link Removed

I need to purchase the 4' extension cord so that I can have my connection point in a different place than it is today. :confused:

Cya,
JJ

sirhk, bring the golfcart!!! I wanna see you :bounce: it.

Aquaman, Ray Hutchinson will be there, and he usually has his tuning meter. He should be able to help you out.

Xploder, I haven't heard for sure, but we always use Ch. 1 out there. Is that the plan, Rick? Also, you don't NEED quick disconnects to unhitch your sway bar. A couple of wrenches will do fine, and I'll have mine.

Answers:

I'll try to head out and be there by Thursday late afternoon.

I called my friend, he is trying to get the GPS coordinates off his GPS. It won't be exact on the turn off, but it will be close. Anyway, I think you make a right (if coming from Palm Springs, CA) on "Northshore Drive."

JJ, my Myland CB has the CB in the mic as well, but it's portable by attaching a battery pack. Get as much done as you can, we'll tweak with it when you get there.

If no one specifies a CB channel, then I'll be putting mine on 1, since I think that's what's been used in the past. I'll keep it on during the nite for you late arrivers. I also have a talkabout, incase some of you don't have a CB, let me know what channel you want me to put it on.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I'll bring some goodies for the potluck, but I don't know if I can bring up firewood, since I'm outta space and don't have a roof rack. If I can borrow my friends hitch rack, i'll throw some on.

...Counting the days...

Ron

Can't Go

Bad news I am out for T-haven went into Disneyland lastnight for work and got the old economic hardtimes speech and Laid off so I am out, need money for moe imprtant things right now other than offroading.
J.T. Kev give me a call or email before you come down:shoot:

I just picked up the T-haven 2002 dash plaques.

Attachments

• thavenplaque.jpg
    thavenplaque.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 144

Those are cool.

I also vote for the golfcart.

I fly in to San Diego airport at about 11:00 pm Friday night. That puts me in T-Haven at around 2:00am Saturday morning. No need to stay up and wait for me but just leave a candle burning in the window, uhh sand, so I can find my way. Oh, and kick my tent in the morning so I don't miss the run.

Hey Rick,

How much are the:
-Plaques
-T-Shirts
-Stickers

So I know how much extra cash to bring.

BTW, for next time, I own a small marketing company on the side, so if we want to do T-Shirts, Stickers, and other stuff, let me know, I can get REALLY good deals (that's provided that someone else in the club isn't already doing them for us.)

Thanks,
Ron

P.S. I'll probably still be up a 2:00 am so I'll keep a beer cool for you Kevin!:D

Originally posted by Diff Whack Daddy
Oh, and kick my tent in the morning so I don't miss the run.

For those wondering how to find DWD's tent, just listen.. You'll quickly find it.

:D

No 4x4 available...

Since my trip down HWY 1 to Cabo and back, my truck "lost" a few washers that keep the hub functioning properly. As a result, I have no 4 Wheel Drive! I have to replace the washers, but I also need to find a shop that can reassemble the parts - just like they look in the service manual. Any suggestions? I live in the Inland Southern CA area.

Tom, the rumbling only gets really bad when I drink a lot of beer and smoke too many ciggarettes. I should be pretty quiet Saturday morning.

Xplodor, thanks.

Alright, Golf cart it is!! I'll try to jump it, it's kinda *****y at times though. Sometimes I spend the whole weekend kicking it and swearing it's going in the trader and other times I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a project that's on the end of a long list. All it really needs is a custom exhaust that I'll make someday, a bigger carb, milled head, and a new drive belt and it would get up and go. Either way, it'll be running, it's up to itself as to if it goes 5mph or 25 mph. I think it's kind girlish and gets pms occasionaly.

As for North Marina Dr. I know right where that is, that's where we have our yearly pig/turkey/beef buried in the ground with usually 120+ friends. I'm assuming you follow it out to the end of the pavement and down the dirt road. Is anyone putting up signs?

BTW I'll probably be up with beer at 2AM also on Sat. morning!!
Khris

Re: No 4x4 available...

Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Since my trip down HWY 1 to Cabo and back, my truck "lost" a few washers that keep the hub functioning properly. As a result, I have no 4 Wheel Drive! I have to replace the washers, but I also need to find a shop that can reassemble the parts - just like they look in the service manual. Any suggestions? I live in the Inland Southern CA area.

Ken,

do you have auto hubs or manual hubs? if you have manual hubs I will loan you my extra set when I get out there and you can run them then pull them when you leave. I will only be there sunday though so we could slap them on first thing in the morning then run all day and pull them when airing up at the end of the day. Let me know if you want to do this. I would hate to see you miss any of the trip for such a petty little thing.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rockranger(matt) can you get me some directions to thaven like the ones you gave me to los coyotes? i am totally lost and have no clue to where it actually is... my area code is Fremont, CA 94536....

Back