Truckhaven Nov 9th - 11th. Anyone want to join? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven Nov 9th - 11th. Anyone want to join?

:eek: EVERYBODY BRING WOOD:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wood

There might be a huge pile still left there from us last weekend. We camped right where the dirt road forks, on the left side. Also where we camped for the Trip this year there was a hug pile left from a big group of j**ps that were there last weekend. Who knows, it was there Sunday, maight still be there.:)

I got some sod pallet's that I'm bring along. They make some nice TALL LARGE FIRE's. Colin & Winter changed their minds last nite, they will not be coming this weekend. Winter pick up my new front suspension kit yesterday, and he going to start removing my old suspension today, so he's anxious to get started on the new one. It should be finish by the first of Dec.

By the way, I'm selling my old superlift suspension which is not really old just a year old along with the superrunning steering system, also probably the Vortech Supercharger if anyone is interested.

Hi guys, Just got home last night from a work trip. I'll be arriving Friday morning around 10:00 to Truckhaven. I'm picking up my rig from from Winter's today. He just finished installing my new front bumper with a portable Warn winch and cradle which I can detach and use on the rear bumper if necesary. I can also remove it when I'm using it as a daily driver.

What CB channel will we be on. We can all meet around noon at the campground. Yahoo !

Tom FAKRWEE

Tom,

Let's use Ch. 1.

I don't know if you saw in the thread, but we will be setting up camp on the left side of N. Marina drive where the paved streets branch off the "main" road. I think you have been to that area before with us, but I'm not positive.

See ya tommorrow!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Rick, sounds good to me. I'll do some scouting around in the morning then meet you guys at camp. keep your ears on just in case the "FAKRWEE" gets lost. he-he.

Tom FAKRWEE

It doesnt look like i'll be able to make this run. On the other hand the weekend of Thanksgiving, i'm open. My parents are heading to New Mexico, so thanksgiving day on i'm on my own. And theres no better way to celebrate my bday by being out at thaven. LoL.. To make you guys feel old. I'll be 22 on the 23 of Nov. :mattmoon: :p Have a safe trip out there guys.

I'm bummin too man, I'm not going to be able to make it for financial reasons mostly and I've just got some stuff I need to take care of. I figure there will be many more runs out there and I'll be at the Jan. one for sure!!!!

Paul, what do you want for the superrunner steering system? I also seriously want to see what you're replacing it with!!!!!

Rick, ask Gerald if he has any room for a passenger or if he even once one for Sat. & Sun. Tom will only be out there on Friday. Thank's!

Paul, Char isn't going to be able to make it so you could also ride with me.

Thank's Rick, I got the camper already loaded up on the dually so that I can take off as soon as I get off work, which since I'm the boss I'll try to make it early!

T-haven in the morning!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Back From T-haven!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Photos coming soon!

Teases!

But what we really want to see, is the carnage!

who broke what? who dinged something?

:)

Fakerwee busted a hub. Ka Blam!!

I scratched up the paint on grill and now have a new squeal from my steering.

Gerald's running boards and grill guard took a beating.

Ray (Bronco) blew a sector shaft seal spewing steering fluid everywhere. It happened in an off-camber situation and he was pouring gas out of the filler at the same time.

Gary (CJ-7) broke a hub or a locker

Jeff??

Isuzu Guy??

More teasers... Weather was awesome. High 80s during the day and 50's at night. Great campfires, conversations, and night runs!

Now... If you've already signed up for T-haven 2002 we'll see you soon. If not Sign up!
Dead Link Removed :bounce:

Had a GREAT!!!!! Time this weekend! Thank's Tom & Rick for letting me ride along in your rig's for the weekend. It really suck's when you don't have your own rig there to do it with you guy's, but just wait until Jan.
that will all change.

It was good seeing you again Gerald! Maybe you could fly out to Palm Spring's and we can pick you up for the Jan. run! Have a safe trip!

"Back from Afghanistan"

We had a good turn out for our impromptu get together at T-haven. Gerald was on his way through the area so we put together a group to show Gerald around the hills of Truckhaven.

The reason for the title "Back from Afghanistan" is that the terrain at T-haven looks just like the image we see coming back from Afghanistan complete with caves in the canyon walls.

Attending the run from this board were, Gerald, Paul Bredehoft, Bill Collins, Jefe, Fakerwee. We also had a few others along. Jeff's brother, and friends, Bill's friend Ray and his family and Ray's friend Gary.

Here is a link to my photos.

http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven_nov9

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Rick
Jeff??

Isuzu Guy??
I didn't damage a thing (knock on wood) :cool:

Jason (Isuzu) took a nice blow to his rocker panel, and used quite a bit of rubber, but now he understands the importance of a locker. :)

John (TJ) bent his front bumper, twice, and has a number of nice scratches everywhere.

Back