True Saleen's Please Stop by! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

True Saleen's Please Stop by!

Please check all that apply about what Your "True" Saleen X has/is...

• XP8

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • XP6

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • SuperCharged

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Full interior including the Recaro seats.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Have you or would you alter your Saleen? Please elaborate...

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
I just wanted to get a count of how many true Saleen X's are on here.

Please post pic's if you have um! We all love to see those elusive XP8's & even more hard to find XP6's!

Also fill out the Poll to keep count. & Options.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are the differences betweent the 2? I tried doing an internet search and still couldn't answer my question.

the XP8 was a 5 liter, the XP6 was a SOHC V6. XP6's are very rare. ive only seen a pic of one.

98-016 here........I took some pics today and when I get to work on Monday :D I put them in my gallery.

Tom

So, it's a fact that they made an XP6? I always thought it was a myth. Why would saleen use a V6. Do they make a 3.8L Saleen Mustang?

Originally posted by 98FordX24
So, it's a fact that they made an XP6? I always thought it was a myth. Why would saleen use a V6. Do they make a 3.8L Saleen Mustang?

Its a fact, I have seen pics. Who knows why they would use a V6, but its not like the XP8 is wicked fast or anything. I dont know of a 3.8 stang, but maybe someone else does.

There are more in my gallery

Tom

Attachments

• frontcorner.jpg
    frontcorner.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 4,619

where are all the other XP8's ?

as far as i know, there are only 2 others besides you here. they dont post much. :(

james t, 98FordX24 & Black Magic you guy's have some very sweet rides. I wish I lived around you, we would have some fun crusin showin up those ricers :D
98FordX24 your closest to me but still over an hour away. Around me there are only muscle cars(which are cool) and ricers which I hate. They sound like lawn mowers on steriods:rolleyes: I just wish there where more street truck people.

Tom

I have found 2 other XP8 owners that live in NJ. I contacted them both but did not hear back from them. Kinda figured as much.

It would be really cool if you went to the All Ford Nationals with us. By the looks of things so far, we should have over 20 people from this site there. I understand why you wouldnt want to drive out there tho... thats more miles than you put on in a year. :p

... thats more miles than you put on in a year. :p

that's funny..... :D but true. If all my vacation time wasn't spoken for already I'd go w/or w/out my truck. Maybe next year :(

Tom

is it just me or is Saleen STUPID?? when they made the XP8's they left that peice of trim on the back hatch black...WTF?? :rolleyes: :confused:

*EDIT*:im not bashing anyone, cause you def have one sweet truck man, it just makes me mad that Saleen could do something the blatently stupid as to leave that trim peice black when they go to all the trouble of makin awesome front & rear bumpers. but i would seriously think about gettin some clear corners for your truck :D

tommy, if your ever around the NYC, or long island area.. lemme know.. ill go for a cruise wtih you

I agree with the clear corners. But the black piece looks good the way it is. Kinda contrasing. However, it would look very good painted. Hell, I had to paint mine so I guess I do agree with you Tarheel

i gotta agree with tarheel, Saleen shoulda painted the plate holder upper trim cover thingy white. but thats being REALLY picky... :D

jssong.......definitely My grandparents are down in Flushing and I have an aunt in deerpark.

nice.. im around flushing often, and deerpark, i have friends in valleystream, and in that area. let me know whenever your around that area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 98FordX24
Do they make a 3.8L Saleen Mustang?

There is a dealer around here that has 3.8L V6 Saleens. A real waste of money if you ask me...the sticker price is $31,000+ :eek:

Back