• Register Today It's free!

Trying to install LED lights

mimimari

Reaction score
City, State
NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
I have a 2013 Explorer Limited and am tryng to install some LED light strips along the top of the headlights. It shows in the gap between the hood and light.

I want a clean install and I have an additional space for a switch where my Tow/Tailgate switches are located (3 switches total) and the third switch is for the Auto Park Asst (which I don't have).

I ordered a switch, but it comes with all three switches connected and a plug in for a wire harness connector.

I'm not sure if the vehicle is pre-wired for the Auto Park Asst and if I can use the switch for the lights, will it time out after a few seconds (simulating park asst being done).

Any opinions?

I have a 2013 Explorer Limited and am tryng to install some LED light strips along the top of the headlights. It shows in the gap between the hood and light.

I want a clean install and I have an additional space for a switch where my Tow/Tailgate switches are located (3 switches total) and the third switch is for the Auto Park Asst (which I don't have).

I ordered a switch, but it comes with all three switches connected and a plug in for a wire harness connector.

I'm not sure if the vehicle is pre-wired for the Auto Park Asst and if I can use the switch for the lights, will it time out after a few seconds (simulating park asst being done).

Any opinions?
Welcome to the Forum mimimari.:wavey:
I think a post like this would be better off in the 'Modified 2011 + Ford Explorer Discussion' threads;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

I doubt Park Assist is pre-wired since it is not an add-on option.

Good luck.

Peter

2 years ago, I saw someone do that with their Explorer it looked pretty good. I think he put his LED inside the housing though. Good luck to you. Make sure you upload some pictures after. :D

Back