TT compaired to suspension lift

taxx

Make em say Ugh
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
73 EB
I have a question if anyone has experiance with both. I did the TT on my X and got a decent amount of lift. I will probably lift the body to get a little more space in the wheel well. However here is my question. Right now my ride kind of sucks. It may be due to the fact that my cheapo factory rims are a little out of shape and vibrate. As a matter of fact I am sure that is it. However on to the real question, I know having a sport with the short wheel base the handling on the road isn't going to be great unless I drop it, but if anyone has tried both the TT and the Ranger suspension lift, is there a differance? What are the pros and cons? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You will get a better ride and handling by changing the shocks and bushings. Stock Ford shocks are very bad. Usually suspension lifts come with new shocks. A suspention lifted vehicle will be heavier due to the new components and more top heavy than a body lifted vehicle since the heavy stuff stays in place.

Ive seen rigs with bodylift & torsion twist as well have seen pics of rides with suspension and torsion lift. I think both would function and look alot better with 32x11.5 or 33x12.5 though.

Go wide when you go high.

By the way Stadx2 has superlift ranger 4" and 1" torsion.

Thanks. I did the TT and I have 32s. I just wondered if the ride was better with a suspension lift instead of a TT and body lift. If it is the same then I am happy. I don't feel there is a problem, but if one is safer and better than the other, then I would say that is the way to go.

A quality suspension lift should ride as good or better than stock. It depends on the quality of the shocks that come with the lift. A torsion lift will ride as good as or worse than stock. It depends on how far you go up. The higher you go, the stiffer it will become.

It depends on if you think stock is good or bad.

I personally think stock is too soft in the front. Bottoms out sometimes. I was thinking about changing the torsion bars from B to D code. Maybe even doing a superlift ranger lift later.

Back