• Register Today It's free!

Turkey Bay Oct. 31-Nov. 1

railman

Reaction score
City, State
Madisonville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt Supercab
Once again we are planning another wheelin trip/meet and greet, we are having more and more turnout. We are planning a trip to Land Between the Lakes (LBL or Turkey Bay) in Northwest Tennessee / Southwestern Kentucky.

Date:
October31 and November 1, 2009

Here is the website address to the facility:
LBL | OHV Trails

Here is a map of the ORV trails:
http://www.lbl.org/LBLTurkeyBayMap08.pdf

Here is the website address to the camping:
LBL | CAMPING... Turkey Bay

Food:
- Each attendant will be responsible for their own food and drinks.
- There is ice available to purchase at the lodge where you buy your ORV pass.

Camping:
- Each attendant will be responsible for their own camping. A 3 day camping permit is required and cost $5 per person.
- You can rent camping equipment here:
LBL | Rates And Hours of Operation

ORV Permit:
- Each vehicle MUST have a 1-3 day ORV sticker to be on the ORV park. To get the permit you must have THIS waiver with you at the time of registration. Available at any welcome center or at ORV main entrance gate, $15.00 each vehicle, not each person.

ORV rules and regulations:
- http://www.lbl.org/08OHVRules-Regs.pdf
- Please print them, read them, and sign a copy to bring with you. I want people to know the rules when they come on the ORV park .
http://www.lbl.org/08OHVRules-Regs.pdf

Vehicle Requirements:
- Front and Rear tow points
- Tow strap
- CB radio (not required, but EXTREMELY helpful if you are stuck since cell service probably isn't good there)

For those who would like to go but your rig is not trail ready, feel free to bring your 4 wheelers. If you don't have a 4 wheeler and still want to attend, get with a member who is going as he/she may have an open seat or two.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a month in advance, hmmm...... i think i can make that happen!

a month in advance, hmmm...... i think i can make that happen!

good, i still got ya number....and did ya check out the pictures from our last trip? ( this forum under "Wheelin' Turkey Bay" )

l8r, John:cool:

turkeybay

hello i ride at turkey bay every other wkend atv working on bronco 2 still maybee see u alol out there

hello i ride at turkey bay every other wkend atv working on bronco 2 still maybee see u alol out there

ok, keep an eye out for us...can't miss the "twins":D:D

hopefully have the B2 up by then...

l8r, John

i might go early, like thursday eve. and camp/hike with some buddies. just wish i had time to finish at least one of my “projects” before then. i wont need rock rails on the trails, will i? and i bet a hp d44 would be nice!

i might go early, like thursday eve. and camp/hike with some buddies. just wish i had time to finish at least one of my “projects” before then. i wont need rock rails on the trails, will i? and i bet a hp d44 would be nice!

there are a few trails where rock sliders would be needed...depending on your line you take.......especially if ya hit either of the "rock gardens"

the HP D44 would be nice for the "challenge hillclimbs" (areas denoted by the "red rings" on the trees)

as for Thurs. for camping and hiking... there are tons of trails to hike ( LBL is 170,000 acres:D ) or if ya have a mountain bike even better:thumbsup: and "backcountry" camping permits are cheap....if ya stay at Turkey Bay they have an amazing amount of firewood free for the taking ( leftover from clearing the trails after the ice storm )

i prefer the last "beach" on the left :thumbsup:

l8r, John

Back