turn signal no worky! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal no worky!

Daughters #10 fuse / turn signal issue has ended up with an cruise control problem. Fuses stopped blowing after I unplugged the the harness from the cruise control located on the right fender well. Thinking the problem might be associated with the original cruise / brake fluid safety recall although the recall has been done. As you know the #10 fuse (98 Explorer) is a very busy fuse!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2002 explorer sport....Right turn signal blinks fast in front, nothing in back...also no brake light in right back.....both running lights work front and back. There is no power to the green wire on trailer lights......we checked the switch in the steering column its ok.
any suggestions.

Rear light problems

I believe the harness that supplies everything to the rear runs along the passenger sill just under the carpet and is protected by a plastic channel. The exact route can be seen if you remove the R R trim panel as the harness goes over the wheel well, under the back seat / trim panel and then along the sill. I would say you have a pinched wire somewhere along there OR have lost a ground point.

98 Explorer Sport, 72K miles and about to go the clunker route!

Mine has this issue from the tilt wheel being pulled down too far. There must be broken a wire or something. If the wheel is in a normal position it works fine.
I have the parts I’ve just been too lazy to change it.

did u ever figure this out? i have the same problem

Blowing fuses?

Problem I created was wiring a cell phone that wasn't meant to be used with "that" phone. + and - reversed. Caused all kinds of goofy fuse issues until I figured out what I'd done wrong.

Back