• Register Today It's free!

Turn signals flashing too quickly

oli

Reaction score
City, State
Burnaby, B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer
I have a '96 V8 Explorer that had a left head light out. The turn signals worked normally, but when I went to change out the headlight bulb because it was burned out, the turn signal flashes rapidly.
What could be my problem?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Or one bulb is burnt out. That's what mine did too. $3.00 bulb is all it took to fix.

All the bulbs are working or are on. I remember from my older vehicles that when one bulb was out then I would get a rapid turn signal. I checked last night and this morning to see if they are all on and working and they are.
Could it be a flasher?
Thanks

mine does the same thing. but my left headlight was replace totally with a 00' ex headlight assembly. I replaced the headlight but it still flashes faster

The headlight is not on the same circuit as the flasher, or it would also flash. If you have an electronic flasher, then maybe it might be a problem. If one bulb is bad on one side, then only that side will flash faster, and the other side will be normal. When the regular flashers start to go bad, they usually flash slower, and slower until they just stay on continuously.

Did youcheck your third brake light. That happened to me.

Just had the wife look and see if all brake lights are working and all are on.

Where do I find the flashers, that might need replacing?

Hazard lights not working. So what is the problem - a flasher or something related to the hazard lights?
Thanks

The flasher is used both for signals and hazards and is likely your problem. There is two feeds out of the module, one for turn signals and the other for hazards.

Thanks, so where so I find the flasher?

good question, having only own my 96 for less than a year... i don't really know although my "reference" gives a "poor picture" of it being below the steering column... you probably have to take the lower dash cover off. I wasn't able to readily spot mine to check for sure just by looking.

flasher.gif

Thanks for the photo.

So whats the easiest way to get to the flasher?
Do I need to take the center consol out?
Thanks

Back