Tuti's Mud Bogg, King William Virginia | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tuti's Mud Bogg, King William Virginia

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Spring is in the air, and soon the sweet smell of burnt axle grease and toasted transmissions. Yea Rick's got rocks but here on the east coast we got MUD. Good Friday, March 25, 2005 I believe is the date for Tuti's Mud Bogg. Last year was my first time and after the absolute chaos I will be there this year. It would be nice to get a contingent of Explorers to go this year.

If you are going to enter, remember no rules, no prizes, no clocks, no measuring distances just floor it til it breaks, and hope that that track hoe has mercy when they extract you from the goo.

I don't have the exact direction yet, but I sure the Mechanicsville boys know it by heart. So if anybody has them post them. See ya on Good Friday, and remember bring twice as much as you think you can drink. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats sounds like a good time. I wish it was a little closer.

Mmmmm, mud. Can't wait till summer so I can get back into that sweet substance I love to play in. We have a local mud bog here too, which I plan on entering in once I'm locked. Please take pics and post after the event. :D :thumbsup:

I second that ^^^

So is anybody else going?

I know ExplorerDMB00 is from Mechanicsville. Might wanna hit him up on PM's.

I don't have the exact direction yet, but I sure the Mechanicsville boys know it by heart.

Mechanicsville boys do know where it is - haha! I won't be able to attend - I'm working of coarse. Seems like it's all I do. Thanks for the invite and if it was on a weekend, I'd show up and check it out. Not ready to break sh*t just yet - maybe when I build a truck made for it.

-Drew

I don't plan to run my junk. Last year the guy running the track hoe was drunk. The prefered method of extraction was to push truck out with the bucket on the rear bumper. Much damage to many trucks during extraction.

I have some directions. From Richmond

Rt 360 east
Right on Rt. 30 (south) towards the KW county courthouse.
Right on East River Road Rt. 600
Straight through fork in road (beside softball field)
Approximately 2-miles on left

If anybody has better directions please chime in.
continue approximately 2-miles past

I'M in. I live in alexandria so it sould not be too far.

Coming from Alexandra I would go 95 south to Rt 30 (east). I checked with tthe locals today and the direction are OK.

Today is the day anybody else going? The weather is supposed to be bad so take your umbrella and mud boots.

unclemeat said:
Today is the day anybody else going? The weather is supposed to be bad so take your umbrella and mud boots.

And take lots of pictures! :D

yes...pics.

Can't wait to see some pics

This was the most exciting thing, this chevy got a little to much traction and too much horsepower. We were standing at the end of the bogg, and running away seemed like the best option at the time, so I did not get truck flying through the air.

Attachments

• DSC01140.jpg
    DSC01140.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC01142.jpg
    DSC01142.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC01142.jpg
    DSC01142.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 233

These are three of the trucks which made it through.

Attachments

• DSC01145.jpg
    DSC01145.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC01143.jpg
    DSC01143.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC01134.jpg
    DSC01134.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 243

Some Suzukis. The first one is a member "bubba truck"

Attachments

• DSC01135.jpg
    DSC01135.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC01133.jpg
    DSC01133.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC01137.jpg
    DSC01137.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 224

A couple more. Sorry but it was just to cold for mud wrasslin.

Attachments

• DSC01139.jpg
    DSC01139.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC01144.jpg
    DSC01144.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 228

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

great pic's looks like a great time!

Back