Two-for-One | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Two-for-One

View

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK, whose bright idea was it to bring the hummer?? If the Explorer got stuck, you expect a Hummer to make it through?? Seriously, though.... how'd you manage to get a Hummer stuck?? I've never heard of such a thing... Better yet, how'd you get them both out?? let's hear the story....

-Joe-

Well.....The Hummer got stuck in one of those 44inch tire mudholes and I was feeling ****y so I tried to cross the hole and shoot up the hill infront of me. It doesn't look like much but under those leaves is 2-3 foot of mud. Well I dropped in and sat on the bumper w/ no hope of getting out. My buddie Drew pulled me out in his bronco and......

View

I pulled the hummer out....This was a year or two ago.

Cool pics! I imagine thats what our pickup looked like the night we went hunting and got a little more than we bargained for, except we didnt use an Explorer to tow us out, we used a D9 dozer ;)
Up to the door sills in mud on the one side, wheels totally sunk...

man..i remember those pics a Looooong time ago when i first joined this site!! man...remember helping me out then? hehe..was it for my body lift of somthing? oh well..at least i finally get to meet you in moab this year!!!

I love it!!! An explorer pulling out a Hummer.

Yeah I think it was for the body lift...I think now you have moved to a higher level of mods than me. Pretty soon I will be asking you about stuff!

:D heh heh...well im runnin into some problems on the brakes for the solid axle swap...know anything about that? hehe

What axles?

Cool pic's I have them on my wallpaper on my computer.

a dana 44 out of a 79 bronco up front...high pinion, and disc brakes. i think, right now the idea is to try to use the extended lines from the explorer and get the banjo bolt from the bronco caliper to work with that...but im not sure if thats gonna work...

Are you leaving it fullsize? You should be able to get a brake shop to make you custom lines for a hundred or so. have them put the proper fitting on the exploder lines.

nah..the axle has already cut down...59" hub face to hub face

ya know..i never thought of a brake shop...good call!!! but do they make the braided lines? thats what would need to be made....

I have heard so many bad things about braided lines. I would try to stick w/ rubber....But, most speed shops could make you braided lines. I would call around.

My hero

Hix you are my hero, I made a bet(after seeing your pic) with a friend of mine that an Explorer (especially a sport) could pull a mummer out of the mud, he of course said no way, so we bet a steak dinner, and I got online and printed out your pic. So tonight it is New York Strip for me!!!! Thanks again, and great pics!!

Tank is the owner of the Hummer...I wish he was still around. The only real reason he got stuck was the tires.

As far as pulling one out goes....Use a strong strap and get a running start. You'd be surprised how much energy a strap can store.

Geeze, i didn't recognize Tank's Hummer without the propane tank. :) When I saw him, he had added propane injection which is to a diesel what nitrous is to a gasoline engine. I beleive that he's since sold that Hummer and gotten another. Haven't seen him post for quite a while, though.

Hix, was that woods in the Penndel area? It looks like the area just up the hill after crossing the water. Like this area only wetter:

Dead Link Removed

Yes that was Tank, and Tom yes that was at Pendell. I believe he's still around. I'm itchin for another run but no one has posted anything and i'm not familiar with that area at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Norman, long time, no see. Last I heard about Penndel was that they put up larger no-trespassing signs. :(

Yeah, that was a fun area, to say the least. I think you'll remember this:

Dead Link Removed

That's about as far as any Explorer made it up that hill, though your air dam didn't like it too well. :)

Maybe we'll all get together this summer.

Back