• Register Today It's free!

Updated MFT date?

mad_dog97

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 EB
Does anyone have any new insight into when the updated MFT and maps will be mailed out to owners?

Picked up my 2012 Limited a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it, but having issues with MFT. Key issues I've seen (nothing new that I haven't seen reported before):

1) Lack of responsiveness . . . 1/3 of the time, pushing the "voice" button will not work. Button pushes are slow, etc.
2) A few system freezes/resets
3) Hooking up to a Zune HD MP3 player. Every time I try to play something, it spends 10-40 minutes trying to index the music on my player (even though both are Microsoft products). After indexing it spends 10-15 minutes "building media commands". Makes it almost completely unusable.
4) Bluetooth microphone . . . unusable for me above 50 mph.

To be honest I'm not sure all of these will be fixed with a software update, but I'm hoping it will cover most.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have any new insight into when the updated MFT and maps will be mailed out to owners?

Picked up my 2012 Limited a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it, but having issues with MFT. Key issues I've seen (nothing new that I haven't seen reported before):

1) Lack of responsiveness . . . 1/3 of the time, pushing the "voice" button will not work. Button pushes are slow, etc.
3) Hooking up to a Zune HD MP3 player. Every time I try to play something, it spends 10-40 minutes trying to index the music on my player (even though both are Microsoft products). After indexing it spends 10-15 minutes "building media commands". Makes it almost completely unusable.

To be honest I'm not sure all of these will be fixed with a software update, but I'm hoping it will cover most.
Congratulations on your recent aquisition.
I haven't heard of anything new. I received an email a few weeks ago from Ford of Canada saying that an upgrade will be available through your local Ford Store in early 2012. Keep in mind that this is from Ford of Canada. It sounds like Canadian owners will not be receiving the USB sticks in the mail.
I haven't had any bluetooth problems at highway speeds.

Peter

Last I heard was first quarter. I'm betting on late Feb./Early March since Ford just gave it to employees in Dec. to test.

Want to start a pool?

I got a reply from Ford customer rep. about a month ago that it will not be available until late spring (may june) when the 2013 come out. I was hopping for early spring too. Hope that you are not having too many problems with your MFT

When are you folks going to realize it's a marketing BS to help overcome the MFT issue from becoming a purchase decision factor ?

Got it? Now move along and decide.

The 2013 MP1 builds start next week or the week after and they are promising 2013 Police Interceptors both Utility and Sedan for delivery in February.

I will put my money on a February release for the Performance Upgrade

Dont go by what dealers says ask cory he should know when the release will be.

No offence, but when v2.11 came out we were NOT told by any Ford representatives on this forum.

A member here had his Ex reprogrammed with v2.11 by the dealer before anyone from Ford commented here.

Keep in mind how guarded they must be.

Hey, mad_dog97!

The upgrade will be released first quarter, concurrent with the launch of the 2013 Taurus. The Taurus is due to be released this spring. :party:

Have you tried a Master Reset to help with your Zune indexing? The Zune HD is on our compatibility chart:

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

What firmware/software level is yours at?

Congratulations on your recent aquisition.
I haven't heard of anything new. I received an email a few weeks ago from Ford of Canada saying that an upgrade will be available through your local Ford Store in early 2012. Keep in mind that this is from Ford of Canada. It sounds like Canadian owners will not be receiving the USB sticks in the mail.
I haven't had any bluetooth problems at highway speeds.

Peter

Hi, Peter!

You will be receiving a USB flash drive in the mail! Another email or other form of communication from Ford of Canada will be sent out with this information on it :)

Last I heard was first quarter. I'm betting on late Feb./Early March since Ford just gave it to employees in Dec. to test.

Want to start a pool?

Can I participate, GWA1?? ;)

The 2013 MP1 builds start next week or the week after and they are promising 2013 Police Interceptors both Utility and Sedan for delivery in February.

I will put my money on a February release for the Performance Upgrade

Hey, Sgt1411!

Dealers are now able to place customer orders for production in mid-February. (I hope that helps with your chances in the pool! lol)

I got a reply from Ford customer rep. about a month ago that it will not be available until late spring (may june) when the 2013 come out. I was hopping for early spring too. Hope that you are not having too many problems with your MFT

Hi, cbx1047!

We are looking at first quarter for the release :)

Dont go by what dealers says ask cory he should know when the release will be.

What about me, NEWPORTNJ?!?!?! :D

I hope you all had an excellent New Year!

Rebecca

Ok ok you can also ask Rebecca !!!:)

Rebecca seems awfully set on the February time frame so I would probably give Feb the nod.

Have you tried a Master Reset to help with your Zune indexing? The Zune HD is on our compatibility chart:

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/sync/usEN/sync_us_EN_iop_2_00.pdf

What firmware/software level is yours at?

Rebecca - I tried a Master reset by going through the Menu --> Services . . . method, but haven't done a fuse pull yet. That only made things worse, because now it doesn't even recognize the Zune through the USB port. To be fair, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test things out.

As far as the firmware on my Zune ... it's got the update 4.5 (114) on it.

I'll try to get out and test it some more, and may try a fuse pull when it warms up a little this afternoon.

Rebecca seems awfully set on the February time frame so I would probably give Feb the nod.

How does We are looking at first quarter for the release turn into February for you? Last time I checked, a quarter has 3 months. Give 2 months delays for release problems, and you are at May / June. Remember...this is software.....

Rebecca - I tried a Master reset by going through the Menu --> Services . . . method, but haven't done a fuse pull yet. That only made things worse, because now it doesn't even recognize the Zune through the USB port. To be fair, I haven't had a chance to thoroughly test things out.

As far as the firmware on my Zune ... it's got the update 4.5 (114) on it.

I'll try to get out and test it some more, and may try a fuse pull when it warms up a little this afternoon.

Okay . . . was able to get out and spend some time this afternoon and after doing the Master Reset again it looks like it's fixed the Zune indexing issues. :)

Overall it seems that it helped make things a little speedier across the board, but I want to give it some time to see if that sticks.

Thanks Rebecca . . . do you know if the MFT update will address bluetooth mic noise? I wasn't sure if there was some noise cancelling logic in the software, or if that's just a hardware issue.

Okay . . . was able to get out and spend some time this afternoon and after doing the Master Reset again it looks like it's fixed the Zune indexing issues. :)

Overall it seems that it helped make things a little speedier across the board, but I want to give it some time to see if that sticks.

Thanks Rebecca . . . do you know if the MFT update will address bluetooth mic noise? I wasn't sure if there was some noise cancelling logic in the software, or if that's just a hardware issue.

I'm glad it's working for you now, but definitely keep me posted over the next few days/weeks!

Have you been to your dealer to have your mic checked? At this time, I'm not sure if this is addressed in the upgrade.

Rebecca

I'm glad it's working for you now, but definitely keep me posted over the next few days/weeks!

Have you been to your dealer to have your mic checked? At this time, I'm not sure if this is addressed in the upgrade.

Rebecca

Haven't had it in yet, but plan to let them know when I bring it in for it's first service appt.

Rebecca,

That take it to the dealer thing is of no value. They have no idea how to fix the bluetooth problem.

Of course that was a controlled environment interview but I thought Gary Jablonski did a great job explaining Fords position with the new update.

I'm pretty excited with some of the things he said and cant wait to try it.

If voice commands work great with navigation, MFT will be an amazing system!

Thanks for sharing the link!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back