Upgraded: SYNC Problems remain | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgraded: SYNC Problems remain

Questions:
Did you do the update yourself? - No, dealer

If so, was the vehicle running the whole time? - Dealer

How long did the update take? - Dealer

Did you perform a fuse pull? - Why should ANYONE have to?

Did you do a Master Reset? - Eventually. See my later post.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you using a sandisk cruzer usb drive? Sync my ride says that's the only manufacture they guarantee works with the system.

Yes, actually. Though that also makes no sense. USB drives are pretty ubiquitous. Why should Ford need to specify?

I am having the same issue. I have a 2013 Explorer. SD card was working fine, but I took the vehicle to the dealer to fix the "hang-up" button on the wheel. While the vehicle was in, the dealer accomplished a master reset, and since, SD cards that would index fine before the visit no longer complete the indexing. I tried a master reset per the chat line, pulled and reinserted fuse "29", disconnected the battery cable and tried a newly formatted SD card. Nothing is working. Sync plays the songs and displays the song and Album title, but I cannot browse the SD card by album or artist, and voice commands aren't working for the SD card. I get the "Sync" is updating files or indexing or some message along these lines. Does anyone know if Ford is admitting this is a problem and working on a fix, or are they saying it is an individual vehicle issue. A near as I can tell, it affects every model and every year since they introduced the system.

Welcome to the Forum 2013ExplrWade.:wavey:
I can't say that this has been a common problem but then the only SD card I've ever used is the one for Navigation. I did use a USB drive for playing music and had no issues with that. I would suggest that you send a private message (PM) to Rebecca (FordIVTteam). She is the Ford rep on here that looks after In Vehicle Technology issues. You can use this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.
The Ford reps that monitor this Forum are not here on weekends.
Good luck.

It would help if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so that it appears in the margin when you post.

Peter

I am having the same issue. I have a 2013 Explorer. SD card was working fine, but I took the vehicle to the dealer to fix the "hang-up" button on the wheel. While the vehicle was in, the dealer accomplished a master reset, and since, SD cards that would index fine before the visit no longer complete the indexing. I tried a master reset per the chat line, pulled and reinserted fuse "29", disconnected the battery cable and tried a newly formatted SD card. Nothing is working. Sync plays the songs and displays the song and Album title, but I cannot browse the SD card by album or artist, and voice commands aren't working for the SD card. I get the "Sync" is updating files or indexing or some message along these lines. Does anyone know if Ford is admitting this is a problem and working on a fix, or are they saying it is an individual vehicle issue. A near as I can tell, it affects every model and every year since they introduced the system.

$6, for a USB will fix the issue. Very few use SD card and I doubt ford is concerned with it, considering other issues with software.

$6, for a USB will fix the issue. Very few use SD card and I doubt ford is concerned with it, considering other issues with software.

I'm assuming you mean a thumb/flash drive since a SD card is a USB device. I tried with a 2GB thumb drive with the same results.

Welcome to the Forum 2013ExplrWade.:wavey:
I can't say that this has been a common problem but then the only SD card I've ever used is the one for Navigation. I did use a USB drive for playing music and had no issues with that. I would suggest that you send a private message (PM) to Rebecca (FordIVTteam). She is the Ford rep on here that looks after In Vehicle Technology issues. You can use this link;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=181992
When you PM, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership in your message.
The Ford reps that monitor this Forum are not here on weekends.
Good luck.

It would help if you added the model of your Explorer to your profile so that it appears in the margin when you post.

Peter

Could not find a place to edit my profile to update model information. I have a 2013 Explorer Limited 4WD without navigation.

Click on "user CP" on the bar near the top left of the page, then on the next page select "Edit Your Details" and you will see a place that asks for 'Year and Model' in the first block. You can also add your vehicle specs in you go to "Edit Options" under "Options and Settings". Scroll down and there are places to enter the specs of your vehicle. These will then show up when anyone clicks on Vehicle Specs in the left margin of your posts.

Peter

Thanks for the referral, Peter!

Do you know which software version you have installed on your MyFord Touch, 2013ExplrWade?

Rebecca

Back