Upgraded to Navigation | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgraded to Navigation

Then that is the subwoofer, otherwise you would normally see a cargo net storage compartment there in its place. Does your radio have the RDS settings which would display the song title? If so then it would be the audiophile radio. Like I said, the factory Nav has to be programmed with what features that your EX has. This is were I ordered mine from.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...23QQitemZ250334367623QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yup yup it has RDS - love RDS without it i would never know who is singing songs

well there is definately a speaker in the passenger side cargo area but i do not have steering wheel controls

in the cargo area there is one speaker grill in a panel that is 8 to 10 inches tall and about 24 inches long

That's the subwoofer. I'm not sure if I agree with the steering wheel controls thing... If I remember correctly the redundant steering wheel controls were a separate option of the audiophile radio.

Sorry to bump an old thread... What if I have Sync. Can I still get a nav off a '08 Explorer? Is it still plug and play?

Thanks.

Sorry to bump an old thread... What if I have Sync. Can I still get a nav off a '08 Explorer? Is it still plug and play?

Thanks.

You would need an 08+ factory navigation radio and yes, it should be plug & play.

My factory navigation is up for sale if anyone is interested!

:ttiwwp:

Do you guys know if an 07 nav radio will work in an 06? Are they the same from 2006-2008?

Thanks!

Do you guys know if an 07 nav radio will work in an 06? Are they the same from 2006-2008?

Thanks!

The answer to this is yes...btw

First post here.... Been reading lots... but just wanted to make sure i had all my ducks in a row for my project.
Just bought an '09 4x4 V6 XLT with Sun/SYNC Packg., SIRIUS, Single CD/MP3. Looking to put Navi and DVD entertainment for rear.

It sounds like for navi, the best is to just get a Ford HU + Replace antenna with the dual one and plug and play after it's been programmed with all the features. Would this include the temperature controls on the screen?

How about the rear entertainment? Should i go with a factory unit or aftermarket?

I got the X at a real good price.... although it didn't have some of the features i was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

First post here.... Been reading lots... but just wanted to make sure i had all my ducks in a row for my project.
Just bought an '09 4x4 V6 XLT with Sun/SYNC Packg., SIRIUS, Single CD/MP3. Looking to put Navi and DVD entertainment for rear.

It sounds like for navi, the best is to just get a Ford HU + Replace antenna with the dual one and plug and play after it's been programmed with all the features. Would this include the temperature controls on the screen?

How about the rear entertainment? Should i go with a factory unit or aftermarket?

I got the X at a real good price.... although it didn't have some of the features i was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the site! :wavey: A couple things to keep in mind for your situation...

• If you do not have the radio setup with the subwoofer, you will need to have the navigation radio reprogrammed as such.
  • You will need to find an 09+ GPS unit which has Sync (I know that 2007 and previous did not. Maybe 08+?)
  • As for antenna, the GPS antenna on my 2007 was located inside the car and external antenna changes were note made.
  • I'm not sure about the temperature controls... I know my 2007 did not have HVAC controls on-screen. 08+ may have been different.

Looking for navigation radio for 07 xlt

I have an 07 xlt with a 6cd audiophile radio
no steering controls but has line in
no rear dvd

where is a good place to look for this unit?
the stuff on e-bay is kind of confusing to follow all the details.

thanks

I have an 07 xlt with a 6cd audiophile radio
no steering controls but has line in
no rear dvd

where is a good place to look for this unit?
the stuff on e-bay is kind of confusing to follow all the details.

thanks

You would need something like this - http://tinyurl.com/ylrej37

In addition to the radio above you would also need the following...
  • Reprogram the radio for the proper boot logos and aux input
  • GPS antenna

Back