Upgrading Suspension / self levelling shocks Help Please | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading Suspension / self levelling shocks Help Please

Hi all,
just to let you know new shocks now fitted Monroe 40006/40007. everything working fine my compresser no longer cycles after running, have not had chance to drive far so I cannot comment on ride ect, MOT at same time new rear axle brake pipe and upper arm ball joint so on the road another 12 months.:D

I got a brand new pair of OE shocks in the end. They are the easiest things to change, probably 5 minutes a side.

My air system was working fine but one of the shocks was leaking really badly which has got to be an MOT fail at least. When I removed the leaking one it didn't even expand from the compressed position so can't have been damping very well.

All good now,

SS

Eureka first time (for six months) on our usual weekend retreat the SLS light did not come on, kept checking to make sure bulb not broken, new shocks perfect! Just need to sort all other problems out now.

Thanks for the replies / comments... as mentioned the only way I could access the tray is by dropping the LPG tank which I do not want to do! Will the corroded tray create a problem when my MOT is due? It isn't chassis related so I am guessing not??

Know the feeling as I have a 2nd fuel tank there with a rear swing-out spare carrier. I've lowered it once to check it all out as the pump didn't seem to come on at all, didn't raise when put into 4H or 4L. Since I've now done the extended shackles & tt for 2" lift I just leave the rear switch off & ignore the dash light. :D I did try to compress the rear shocks (to check their condition) whilst underneath with bottom bolts undone, laying on my back pushing up it took a hell of a lot to move them even a couple of inches so I'm presuming they're still ok. I found that they are the same shocks as LTD's use.

Back