Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint Manufacturers | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upper Control Arm and Ball Joint Manufacturers

crunchie_frog

Reaction score
City, State
Johnson City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
Multiple 99-00 5.0 AWD
I need to replace the upper control arms on one of my 5.0 AWDs. I am looking at getting the CK8710T and CK8708T upper control arms and ball joints and have read mostly positive reviews about these. I see their R-series looks to be a lesser option but I did not see too many reviews on these.

I read some posts a few years ago that said they were not satisfied with the C-series Moog upper control arms and I was wanting to know if there are still folks unsatisfied with Moog upper control arms or maybe you are satisfied?

I recently did the upper control arms on one of my other 5.0 AWDs from a set of Mevotechs I found at the junk yard that had no play, boots still intact and actual grease inside. Too early to tell how these will wear but they do have replaceable ball joints the same as the Moog C-series. I am not sure the CK80068T has replaceable ball joints, anyone know for sure?

So, any opinions on Moog upper control arms and ball joints or do you have another manufacturer you would recommend?

most here seem to use (and like) the Moog upper control arm and lower ball joints with the powdered-metal gusher bearing. i put these on my '01 Expl 2 years ago and have no complaints. as i do the 3 Explorer's/Mountaineer's i have, i will purchase Moog again.

If u do it by yourself, buy only bushings and balljoints will save u a lot money. I just changed lower control arms using motorcraft they r a little bit less expensive than moog ck.

Back