For Sale - Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Okay, I have an 02' Explorer Sport XLS. My truck does not have an upper arm in front. Front strut connects to the spindle. There is no spring, it's a torsion bar. The other thing is my rear end is a solid axle on Leaf springs. Mine was made in Oct. 2001, and def. Is labeled as a 02'. Is mine maybe a leftover parts before change? Mine also has a posi 4.10 rearend. IFS front end though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Okay, I have an 02' Explorer Sport XLS. My truck does not have an upper arm in front. Front strut connects to the spindle. There is no spring, it's a torsion bar. The other thing is my rear end is a solid axle on Leaf springs. Mine was made in Oct. 2001, and def. Is labeled as a 02'. Is mine maybe a leftover parts before change? Mine also has a posi 4.10 rearend. IFS front end though.
Do you have the "sport" 2-door edition? If so, that would make sense, but if you have the 4 door with that setup that's a first to me

Do you have the "sport" 2-door edition? If so, that would make sense, but if you have the 4 door with that setup that's a first to me
Yeah it's the 2 dr Sport. Been a pain finding all the right stuff to get my lift components together. Rear was easy, add a leaf and shackles, but front I ordered keys for a Ranger/Sport trac. Here's hoping...

Yeah it's the 2 dr Sport. Been a pain finding all the right stuff to get my lift components together. Rear was easy, add a leaf and shackles, but front I ordered keys for a Ranger/Sport trac. Here's hoping...
Unless you've done custom front suspension work, you DO have upper control arms. 2001-03 TWO DOOR Sports, 2001-05 Sport Tracs, and 1995-01 (Gen 2) four door Explorers share the same IFS with torsion bars. 2002-05 (Gen 3) four doors uses coil springs, not torsion bars. If you don't have UCA's, some pics would be interesting to see.

Unless you've done custom front suspension work, you DO have upper control arms. 2001-03 TWO DOOR Sports, 2001-05 Sport Tracs, and 1995-01 (Gen 2) four door Explorers share the same front suspensions with torsion bars. 2002-05 (Gen 3) four doors use coil springs, not torsion bars. If you don't have UCA's, pics would be interesting to see.
I will snap some when I get home. No lie, no upper arm, no coil spring, just a strut bolted to the spindle at top, and a torsion bar running through the lower arm. It has messed me up also.

^ Thanks. Anxious to see your "FrankenSport" front suspension pics. ;)

^ Thanks. Anxious to see your "FrankenSport" front suspension pics. ;)[/QUOTE
It almost looks like an Escape setup only bigger! I have been trying to find someone else that has the same suspension but yet to find one.

Back