Wanted - found a shop to make longer uppers with uniball for $550 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted found a shop to make longer uppers with uniball for $550

Parts or services wanted
Ballpark, what is the cost of a sas (rear)
Posted via Mobile Device

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably around $4,000.

Not sure, depends on where you source the axle I s'pose. That megalifted 3rd gen that was for sale awhile ago had a sport track arse end.

That's a good chunck of money. I'm not ready to spend that (yet). But if you go an get it done I wanna see for sure
Posted via Mobile Device

Hmm... a sport trac rear axle :D
Thanks Greg! Now I have ideas popping up in my head...

No worries mate!

This could be a project for my auto shop class. More research maybe

75% of the time I spend off road will be beachcombing so as long as I can get my 33 12.5r's under there I'll be a happy chappy.(deja vu right there fella's)

Wills05 Count me in for buying the upper control arms. Want to lift my X up by the summer. This should be a good starting point.

75% of the time I spend off road will be beachcombing so as long as I can get my 33 12.5r's under there I'll be a happy chappy.(deja vu right there fella's)

12.50"s???
that a wideee tire lynchy

Guys if we are going to do an Sas I say we just got for 2.5 Rockwells :p. In reality though I look forward to the first rear axle sas on a 3rd gen on these forums. I think if they detail the build it could start a bunch of people trying it out.

I would deff consider doing one if a saw a very detailed write up. So basicaly....someone go do it! Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a friend (NICE59FORDF100) who has a 2nd gen mounty rear solid axle sittin in his garage.... :D might be time to hit him up about it!

Back