USB media delay after songs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

USB media delay after songs

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
I just noticed this happening yesterday and today. Anybody notice like a 5 second delay between songs while using a USB memory device for songs? It happens every time I listen to the whole song, but there is no delay when I press the skip button to go to the next song.

It is most definitely not a quiet period in the song at the end as MFT shows that the song is done playing (the slider quits moving and reaches the end).

Minor, but slightly annoying.

-J

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you set the delay? I know you can set the delay between songs on Media Monkey on my PC. Maybe something customizable?

Can you set the delay? I know you can set the delay between songs on Media Monkey on my PC. Maybe something customizable?

It would be nice....

I was looking through the settings once I got to work this morning in the parking lot, but I couldn't find anything.

By the fact that it happens between songs and NOT when I skip to the next song, it seems deliberate.

I use a USB drive to store our music and I have not noticed a delay that I thought unusual...

Yep, me too. Playing music off a 16 GB USB stick. Not sure if it has any bearing, but I am playing a certain folder, rather than artist, album, or any other type of classification. For me, a very minor, almost trivial, annoyance.

EDIT: OF course now that I have posted, the delay between songs has gone away, and it plays just fine. Not to say it will remain that way...

Yep, me too. Playing music off a 16 GB USB stick. Not sure if it has any bearing, but I am playing a certain folder, rather than artist, album, or any other type of classification. For me, a very minor, almost trivial, annoyance.

Yeah, it is almost trivial. Just trying to make sure it was normal. I was thinking it was maybe a defective USB stick.

Mine does that too. Sometimes mine skips to the next track halfway throught the track I am listening to. It was getting worse and worse so i just burned the MP3's to a cd and it works great. Ill have ford check it out when i have to bring it in for a bigger problem, although i am hesitant to do that because it seems like instead of fixing it they will make it worse.

Yeah, it is almost trivial. Just trying to make sure it was normal. I was thinking it was maybe a defective USB stick.
The only time it would really bug me is for those songs where the end of one leads directly to the second. Waitin for the Bus/Jesus Just Left Chicago by ZZ Top for example.

I doubt its the stick. But FWIW, I use this one.

Back